Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok sounds good. thank you! any instructions/info on how to get introns as well?

Comment

the vcf to ped form and script should not skip any variants which are variable in the individuals you ask it to consider

Can you give a specific example of the variants you think it is missing and we will investigate

Comment

I tried running it for mapk1. I entered the region I found through the browser and resulted 1619 variants, not the 6777. Thanks!

Comment

Can you give me specific coordinates that you are using and let me know where your 6777 count comes from

When I look at our vcf file in ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...ease/20110521/

laura@pg-trace-001[20110521]:tabix ALL.chr22.phase1_release_v3.20101123.snps_indels_svs.genotypes.vcf.gz 22:22108789-22221970 | cut -f1-8

There is only 1591 sites and only 1532 of them are snps

thanks

Comment

those are the results when i use the online converter. but we decided to use the script instead of the online converter so i wouldn't have to save the data onto my computer.

i'm trying to run the script again for the converter and it won't work. i downloaded the vcf to perl converter mentioned above and ran this script:

perl vcf_to_ped_converter.pl -vcf ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...notypes.vcf.gz -sample_panel_file ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...L.sample_panel -region 13:32889611-32973805 -population GBR -population FIN

and got this as a result:

Can't open perl script "vcf_to_ped_convert": No such file or directory

I'm assuming I installed/downloaded the script wrong. Am i correct?

Comment

That would suggest the script isn't in the location where you are running the command from

Comment

Originally posted by strongside24 View Post

i'm trying to run the script again for the converter and it won't work. i downloaded the vcf to perl converter mentioned above and ran this script:

perl vcf_to_ped_converter.pl -vcf ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...notypes.vcf.gz -sample_panel_file ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...L.sample_panel -region 13:32889611-32973805 -population GBR -population FIN
                Provide full path to where the script file was downloaded when you try to run the command

Code:
                perl [COLOR="Red"]/full_path_to/[/COLOR]vcf_to_ped_converter.pl -vcf  ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk  .....

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses