Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got SplitRead software to work?

I've been trying without luck to use the SplitRead software (http://splitread.sourceforge.net/) published in Karakoc, E. et al. Detection of structural variants and indels within exome data. Nat Meth 9, 176–178 (2012). The version at the sourceforge link (v0.1) had several bugs, but the developer was kind enough to send me a revised version. However I'm still having no luck running the basic pipeline.

Specifically, Step 5 in the basic pipeline (available here) results in two empty output files. I am unsure whether this is due to there being no structural variants in my sample or with a bug in the getSC.sh script.

I've emailed the developer for assistance twice over the past three weeks and had no response. Has anyone successfully run the SplitRead software?

Thanks,
    Pete

I've tried to use it as well, but I can't even get the first stage to work. When I run "./SplitReadAll_lite ..." I get a seg fault. Do you know if the revised version that you got has since been uploaded to sourceforge, or is it still the old one? It still says V0.1, so I guess it's not been updated. In that case, could I get it off you as I've had no reply from the designer either. I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by pepsimax; 07-12-2012, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pepsimax View Post
      I've tried to use it as well, but I can't even get the first stage to work. When I run "./SplitReadAll_lite ..." I get a seg fault. Do you know if the revised version that you got has since been uploaded to sourceforge, or is it still the old one? It still says V0.1, so I guess it's not been updated. In that case, could I get it off you as I've had no reply from the designer either. I'd really appreciate it!
      That's the same error I encountered with v0.1. I can send you the version the author sent me (private message me your email address), however I have not been able to run this version to completion either. I've given up on it - it shouldn't be up to the users to fix such fundamental problems with the software.
      Pete

Comment

Hi Pete,

Can you send me the version which the author sent you? I am messaging my email address.

Thanks in Advance
        Regards
        Vishal

Comment

Hi Pete,

Recently, I used splitread softwar, I also encountered some difficulties wih you previously. Can you please send me the version that you think it is OK? I am messaging my email address.

I greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you!

lintao

Comment

Hi Pete,

Recently, I used splitread softwar, I also encountered some difficulties wih you previously. Can you please send me the version that you think it is OK? I am messaging my email address.

Thank you!

lintao

Comment

Originally posted by lintao View Post
              Hi Pete,

Thank you!

lintao
              Hi Lintao,

I didn't receive your private message. Nevertheless, I should make it clear that the version of the software that I was sent still does not work.

Cheers,
              pete

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses