Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcl2fastq run error

vanessa@vanessa:~$ /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir /media/vanessa/UUI/ngs/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls --output-dir /media/vanessa/UUI Unaligned --sample-sheet /media/vanessa/UUI/ngs/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/SampleSheet.csv
    "my" variable $value masks earlier declaration in same statement at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 760.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 747, near "$variable qw(ELAND_FASTQ_FILES_PER_PROCESS)"
    Global symbol "$variable" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 749.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 751, near "$directory qw(ELAND_GENOME)"
    Global symbol "$self" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$directory" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$project" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$sample" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$lane" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$barcode" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$reference" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 761, near "}"
    /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm has too many errors.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.3/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 239.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 239.

can any body solve this errors

Is there a space in the --output-dir declaration "/vanessa/UUI Unaligned"?

Comment

@ Genomax

Yes ther is space ,

vanessa@vanessa:~$ /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir /media/vanessa/UUI/ngs/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls --output-dir /media/vanessa/UUI/ Unaligned --sample-sheet /media/vanessa/UUI/ngs/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/SampleSheet.csv

Please watch the screen shot of usr/local/bin

is there any other requirements other than existed ,like simple XML executables , to begin ?
      Attached Files

Comment

When you specify an --output-dir location the "Unaligned" directory is automatically created by the configureBclToFastq.pl script in that directory. You do not need to specify it on the command line.

Omit the "Unaligned" from your command line and the program should work.

You may want to consider adding "--fastq-cluster-count 0" (without quotes) to your command line if you want the sequence output in a single file as opposed to 4 millon fastq sequences each in more than one file.

Comment

solved

I solved it , Thanks buddy

Comment

@ Genomax

Thanks for the above guidelines
            Finally I could able to run the Bcl2fastq , i tried to demultiplex 2X100 pe nextra exome data with 8 bp indices ,unfortunately all fastq files were moved to undetermined_Indices folder , in which sample_lane1 , sample_lane2 has no data except sample sheet ,rest of the folders lane 3 to lane 8 goy sample sheet + fasq.gz files

the command I uses is /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir
            <BaseCalls_dir> --output-dir <Unaligned> --sample-sheet
            <BaseCalls_dir>/SampleSheet.csv --use-bases-mask y100n,I8n,Y100N
            Last edited by wintergreen36; 08-05-2014, 12:21 AM. Reason: missing content

Comment

If lanes 3-8 worked fine then the format of your sample sheet as well as the command line is fine. Did you look at the Demultiplex_Stats.htm file to ascertain that the demultiplexing had worked as expected (i.e. more reads assigned to samples than are in the "undetermined" pool)? Is the situation reverse for lanes 1 and2 (i.e more reads in undetermined row for lanes 1/2)?

Start looking at the fastq ID headers of the "lane1_undetermined*" files to see if there are any problems with the tag reads (i.e. N's etc).

Comment

Hello GEnomax thanks for ur support I SUCCESFULY INSTALLED bcl2fastq BUt while running a project i got the follwing error ,

[2014-08-12 13:23:41] [vanessa] [Temp/L006_R1_demux_summary.xml] Processing BCL files for lane 6, tile 2316, read 1
                [2014-08-12 13:24:14] [vanessa] [Temp/L006_R1_demux_summary.xml] runtime error: boost::filesystem::rename: No such file or directory: "/media/vanessa/Sandor_1/Unaligned/Undetermined_indices/Sample_lane6/lane6_Undetermined_L006_R1_001.fastq.tmp.gz", "/media/vanessa/Sandor_1/Unaligned/Undetermined_indices/Sample_lane6/lane6_Undetermined_L006_R1_001.fastq.gz"
                make: *** [Temp/L006_R1_demux_summary.xml] Error 2

Could you please guide me how to over come this error

thanks

Comment

Unfortunately not enough information (at least for me) in that error snippet. Have you looked further up in the log file to see if there was any other errors (missing BCL/stat files etc)? Were there any notes from the facility that ran the flowcell about lane 6 experiencing problems during run (no clusters may be a possibility if the error above is real)?

Comment

I ran this there was no errors during the run

Comment

Have you tried removing entries for lane 6 samples from your samplesheet and checking to see if the remaining lanes demultiplex?

Comment

I haven't , There was no boost libs installed in my system , I just updated libboost all ; started run again

Comment

What was the impact of these boost lib on Bcl2fastq run?

Comment

There was no boost lib in my system , what's the impact of boost lib on bcl2fastq run ? I just installed lib boost and started the bcl2fastq run again.

Comment

That is odd. You have been able to run bcl2fastq before and I would have though that Boost libraries are required for the software to function. Let us see what happens with the new run.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses