No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera purification

Hello everybody,
    I have one question about the nextera kit. If I want to use the kit to do only one or two libraries, so I don't work in plate. I can use other consumables and other kits for the purification (Agencourt AMPure XP 60 ml kit, ZymoTM Purification Kit Catalog)? Have someone try with other kits?
    Thanks

Hi, the Nextera_XT kit already has Ampure beads for the clean up, I've used this on the MiSeq with no problems.

JPC

Comment

When did Illumina start including the Ampure XP beads? I thought they only include the library normalization beads in their Nextera XT kit.

Comment

For small sample number with Nextera kits we use the Zymo columns instead of the plates. We still use Ampure XP beads for cleanups.
        The beads in the Nextera XT kit are for normalization, not Ampure XP beads.

Comment

Originally posted by kcchan View Post
          When did Illumina start including the Ampure XP beads? I thought they only include the library normalization beads in their Nextera XT kit.
          I'm not sure when they were added as this is the first protocol I have used on the MiSeq

-Nextera XT Sample Preparation Guide 15031942. Pages 30/31

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post
            I'm not sure when they were added as this is the first protocol I have used on the MiSeq

-Nextera XT Sample Preparation Guide 15031942. Pages 30/31
            According to that page (Part # 15031942 Rev. C Page 30), the AMPure XP beads are still supplied by User. They are not included with the kit. I believe that only the TruSeq PCR free kits include the DNA purification beads in the box.

Comment

Thanks for the answers,
              I will use the protocol kits, Instead of the plates version I will use the preps/columns because I have few samples to process. The buffers are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RCJK View Post
                For small sample number with Nextera kits we use the Zymo columns instead of the plates. We still use Ampure XP beads for cleanups.
                The beads in the Nextera XT kit are for normalization, not Ampure XP beads.
                When you use the Zymo columns instead of the plates, do you use the volumes and spin speeds specified in the Zymo column protocol (https://www.zymoresearch.com/downloa...35/d4003i.pdf)? Or do you stick with the Nextera protocol?

Comment

Hi,
                  I use the volume and spin of the of the miniprep tubes, and eventually I resuspend in RBS buffer.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                  • seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                  0 responses