No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different PCR signal from input control after library prep

Hi all,

I used the Bioo Scientific kit to make my barcoded ChIP-Seq libraries. The signal by PCR was similar across all 3 input control samples under different conditions. However, they became so different after I made the libraries. Strangely, my sample libraries have maintained specific enrichment of target sites. The bioanalyzer results look good. It seems to be a selection during the library prep? Has anyone encountered this problem?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you in advance!

"so different"?

Show us the images of the differences before/after library construction.

--
    Phillip

Comment

Hi Phillip,

Please see the attached gel image.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I see.
        Not ideal, but they might be okay. How many cycles of enrichment PCR did you do after ligating on the adapters?
        Did you do qPCR to determine your yield?
        --
        Phillip

Comment

I did 4 cycles of PCR before size selection on the gel, followed by 14 cycles of PCR to enrich the library.

No, I didn't do qPCR because we can't afford SyBr gren.

Comment

Is it ok to do different cycles to enrich the library across different samples even they are to be compared? Should I use more cycles for sample 1 and less for 2 to make it more even??

Comment

Sure. If you take a look at Ethanol's blog, you will see that is part of his normal protocol.

--
              Phillip

Comment

Thanks Phillip!

Comment

Smaller pcr product than expected in ChIP-seq library enrichment confirmation

Dear Phillip,

Thank you so much for your suggestions last time and the ChIP-Seq libraries worked well. I just prepared more libraries and when I checked the enrichment of target sites, one of my sample had a smaller pcr product than expected (please see the attached pic)!!! What do you think might have caused this?

Thank you in advance!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Any inputs from anyone is welcome!!

I couldn't start a new thread for some reason.

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by AveragePhD View Post
                      Dear Phillip,

Thank you so much for your suggestions last time and the ChIP-Seq libraries worked well. I just prepared more libraries and when I checked the enrichment of target sites, one of my sample had a smaller pcr product than expected (please see the attached pic)!!! What do you think might have caused this?

Thank you in advance!
                      Did you do a size selection (gel cut, for example) at some point? Your bands are really tight, so my guess is that gel cut hit a different size than the others. (I notice your gel appears to have a substantial frown. Maybe during the gel cut you were excising straight across lane-to-lane but size profile varies lane to lane.)

Probably want to ask someone that does a lot of ChIPseq.

--
                      Phillip

Comment

Hi Phillip,

Yes, I did size select the inserts and I agree that there was some variation between the gel slices but I don't understand how the size of the pcr product got smaller using the same primers.

Comment

What are the size markers. Is the band in lane 1 about 120 bp. If so it is adapter dimer? Which would lead to the question of why the samples in lanes 2,3 and 4 are so small.
                          --------------
                          Ethan

Comment

Hi Ethan,

This was a 100 bp marker. Just to clarify, the gel shown is the pcr reaction to check the enrichment of my target site NOT for size selection during the library prep. So the band in lane 2 is NOT adapter primers because I used the primers of my target site to check if the libraries have preserved the same enrichment. The PCR product of my target site is about 160bp which is correct for lanes 3 and 4. I just don't know why I got a smaller product in lane 2.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

By the way, I used the Bioo scientific kit to prepare the ChIP-Seq libraries and I cut out the gel slice around 300 to 500 bp which should not contain adapter dimers.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses