No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use polyphen-2

Dear All

I was trying to use PolyPhen-2 to predict SNP function effect. I generated my batch file as below

chr1:155078890 G/T
    chr1:165363783 A/G
    chr2:47864062 A/C
    chr2:47876619 C/C
    chr3:71886710 G/T
    chr3:71886711 A/T
    chr3:197099773 A/G
    chr4:1771285 A/G

and uploaded them to PolyPhen-2's Batch Query webpage http://genetics.bwh.harvard.edu/pph2/bgi.shtml. But after running the job for more than 5 hours, the Grid Gateway Interface page showed an error for my job and stopped it.

Maybe I didn't use it properly? Can anyone help me on this? Thanks very much in advance.

-YZ

Hi yuanzhi,

I've found the performance and errors of polyphen2 confusing as well. But for your genomic positions it might be because they are not in protein coding sequence (I only checked your first btw, chr1:155078890 G/T), and polyphen2 is "a tool which predicts possible impact of an amino acid substitution on the structure and function of a human protein" as they say themselves

If that's the case though, it should in my opinion tell you that in a clear error message... So maybe someone else has a better explanation
    Last edited by svl; 09-27-2010, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Dear yuanzhi,

Your batch format looks perfectly valid. Can you tell me what kind of error message you received? Please feel free to contact me directly via email (I am PolyPhen-2 developer).

--Ivan

Comment

hi,

Anyone who has worked with the standalone application of polyphen2???
        Last edited by shum1; 10-22-2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shum1 View Post
          hi,

Anyone who has worked with the standalone application of polyphen2???
          If you have any questions about PolyPhen-2 please e-mail me.

Best,
          Ivan Adzhubey <[email protected]>

Comment

same question

I am a user of pph2, I find that the user guide in the wiki page can not be found, there are links, but no documents. how can I get a manual of pph2. is there anyone else use it, I would like to communicate with all of you, thanks, my email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by iadzhubey View Post
              Dear yuanzhi,

Your batch format looks perfectly valid. Can you tell me what kind of error message you received? Please feel free to contact me directly via email (I am PolyPhen-2 developer).

--Ivan
              Thanks for the tool Ivan.

Curious if you could point to the latest in such predictor tools and any standardized comparisons with the likes of PMUT and SIFT.
              --
              bioinfosm

Comment

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
                Thanks for the tool Ivan.

Curious if you could point to the latest in such predictor tools
                This is a good starter:

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
                and any standardized comparisons with the likes of PMUT and SIFT.
                You may want to check the CAGI website:

Critical Assessment of Genome Interpretation

Note, truly FAIR and ACCURATE comparisons is an extremely hard task and not many of the developers of such tools are interested in spending (should I say wasting?) their time on this.

--Ivan

Comment

Hi,

i am also working with the standalone version x23 of P2.
                  we have some problems with it when lock files are not completely removed from the scratch library on our cluster. this will probably only need a small tweak but maybe you can give me ahint ivan?

also i get error messages for some genes and it doesnt give a prediction but i will send it straight to you ivan, now that we have our pipeline upgraded to hg19 and the newest databases i need to fix this problem...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses