No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epicentre kit & Bioanalyzer result

Hi there,

I start constructing RNA-seq libraries after a few month of planning it, from Arabidopsis root material. My initial sample size is very low but using RNAzol, I can get total of 10-15ng high quoality RNA in 10microliter. I decided to try and make a stranded library using the Epicemtre Ribo-zero (for leaf, it is their best kit now and was recommended by their rep) followed by the ScriptSeq v2 RNA-Seq Library Preparation Kit (although the RZ requires 100ng and I had ~10). I was following the protocol (including the AmpureXP) and made 18 PCR cycle as a last step (using index # 1 reverse primer) and surprisingly got a nice library. It looks good on a gel, could amplify 3 genes by PCR but I want some opinions about the bioanalyzer (attached) result: first curve is my library and the second is a colleague + control. Specifically, what are 2 picks around 46 bp (primer dimer) and why do I have the shoulder of long fragments. Last, the index primers kit mentions that each primer (reverse) is 64 bases, seems very long to me.

Thanks a lot,
    Guy

Dear Guy

I can see from your post that you tried the Scriptseq v2 kit using 10 ng total RNA as input. I have the same problem as you with low levels of starting material, although I have about 30 ng per sample.

I am hoping that you could let me know if you ended up using the Scriptseq v2 kit, and if you were happy with your results.

Best,
    Christa

Comment

Hi Christa,

Yes, I was using it and it all works well (for the Ribo-zero, I use half of the amounts as one of their reps suggested me, and it also saves money). I succefuly ran the Toxedo package and could identify many interesting things, the only problem is that I had very low mapability, which I still don't know the reason for.

Let me know if uoi have any more questions,
      Guy

Comment

Dear Guy

Thank you for the quick answer! I will go on to try it myself!

Best,
        Christa

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses