No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching tool for ChIP-seq analysis of histone modification analysis

hi folks:
    I want to analyze chip-seq data of histone modification, and I search some related tools such as QuEST, peakseq as well as some reviews on this topic and found tool for histone is lacking or weak at least.
    so could somebody recommand a suitable tool for histone for me?

thanks in advanced!

There aren't many tools for this particular application. You could try SICER or CCAT (run the latter in "region mode"). These tools have been used for finding regions enriched in histone modifications.

Comment

Got it! thanks kopi-o, I am gonna try them all

Comment

Any one had experience comparing SICER and CCAT? I have a data set that returned >1000 peaks H3K27me3 in SICER default setting (FDR 1e-3), but no peaks in CCAT. This data set seems poorly enriched in CHIP step. But still want to pull out some reliable peaks from it.

Comment

We wrote scripts to calculate coverage (RPKM etc) of certain bin length using histone ChIP-seq data. histone data is a lot more sparse than transcription factor ChIP-seq. Maybe a good place to start is to look at those high profile papers such as ENCODE and see how they handle their histone ChIP-seq.

Good luck!

Comment

I would recommend http://cistrome.dfci.harvard.edu/Cis...e_Project.html
            Cistrome is developed by Xiaole Shirley Liu Lab in Harvard
            It is Galaxy based and you do not need any programming skills to use it

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses