This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I am an evolutionary biologist at UC Berkeley working on the re-sequencing of the Honey Bee genome for both population and pathogen analysis. I'm very pleased to have found this community, which already proved useful.

Cheers!
    Santiago

Comment

• hi, dis is dilip and i am working as a bioinformatics analyst in chennai. I feel delighted to be a member here

Comment

• Hello to SEQanswers community

Hello,

I've recently started my postdoc at Harvard, and will be using RNA-Seq to look for mutations that cause congenital heart defects. I consider myself a developmental biologist, so stepping into the bioinformatics world is currently a stretch for me. I have spent a month reading many SEQanswers posts, and am excited to add my first post.

Comment

• Hi,

I'm a master's student from Canada and am working on writing an MPI version of BWA. I've read a bunch of posts from Heng Li and they have been helpful in my attempts to write this application. I am a computer science student first and foremost (I didn't even take biology in high school!) so this is all very new to me, but I'm loving getting into a new field.

Comment

• Hallo!

Bioinformatics PhD student from Gliwice, Poland here.
            Mainly interested in RNA Seq and R programming in cancer research.

Tomasz
            Tomasz Stokowy
            www.sequencing.io.gliwice.pl

Comment

• Hi it seems that I overlooked this when I registered
              I'm PhD student (bioinformatics) at University of Life Sciences (BOKU) Vienna, Austria.
              Mainly interested in integration, managing and analysis of bioinformatics data.
              Recently playing with ABI SOLiD sequencing data.
              Pawel Labaj

Comment

• Howdy

I am a PhD student studying CNV in the lowly, (relatively) tractable fly. I hope to use deep sequencing to identify polymorphic variants that change gene structures or duplicate entire genes, and then use RNA-seq to see if these modified genes are expressed. We'll see.

If anyone's actually reading this, and has their favorite study on anything related to these aims, by all means, let me know. Thanks.

Comment

• Hello everybody:
                  I am a PhD candidate of genomics, and presently I'm working in Saudi Arabia. I found this forum is a good community to exchange the experience and skills, so I would like to aquire some new konwledge from this group

Comment

• Hi,
                    I work in IGIB as a research Assistant in India and working on NGS. I am glad to join this group and hope share my expertise and learn a lot from you all.

Comment

• Hi All,

I am a Bioinformatician, working in India's first Next Gen Sequencing Facility, GANIT Labs, Bangalore.
                      We have a Illumina GA IIx.
                      I am currently working on CNV detection in Cancer data and implementing Alignment algorithms on GPUs.

Comment

• Hi all-

I'm a R&D scientist at a small company in Arizona - we're interested in using small RNA sequencing techniques and I've been lurking in the forums for a few months now. This is a super-helpful community; many thanks for keeping it up so well.

Comment

• Hi all,

I am a Ph.D. student in oncological sciences. I use HTP sequencing for ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, and Bis-seq analysis. We have one GAII and one HiSeq Illumina machine at our institution. I use the forum for suggestions in analysis methods and looking for post-doc positions, and I hope to be able to help the community.

Thanks to all who contribute,

Andrew

Comment

• GANIT labs being first NGS facility

Originally posted by gprakhar View Post
                            Hi All,

I am a Bioinformatician, working in India's first Next Gen Sequencing Facility, GANIT Labs, Bangalore.
                            We have a Illumina GA IIx.
                            I am currently working on CNV detection in Cancer data and implementing Alignment algorithms on GPUs.
                            Hi,
                            I am not sure,whether you are the first NGS facility in India,or it was IGIB(CSIR)
                            We have heard of Zebrafish genome sequencing and human genome sequencing fom IGIB long ago and never about GANIT labs.

Anyway...good luck and welcome to the community...

Comment

• Hi, My name is Jenna Woody from Iowa State University. I have not posted yet but this is a great resource! I have worked on transcriptome studies in Soybean using RNASeq and am now trying to do a de novo assembly with RNASeq in Phaseolus. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by ashokpatowary View Post
                                Hi,
                                I am not sure,whether you are the first NGS facility in India,or it was IGIB(CSIR)
                                We have heard of Zebrafish genome sequencing and human genome sequencing fom IGIB long ago and never about GANIT labs.

Anyway...good luck and welcome to the community...
                                Thank you and sorry if I was a bit ambiguous. GANIT Labs is a Public-Private initiative of DIT and Strand Life Sciences. I didn't mean to say that we are the first lab in India to do work on NGS or to have the first Next Gen sequencer, what i meant was, we are the first institute in India which works solely on NGS technologies.
                                We started in Oct'2010, hence you might not have heard about us.
                                and thanks again for the welcome.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses