Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genia

There are not very many details on Genia's website, but what little is there reads like a carbon copy of Oxford's stuff.

So how does this not infringe on everything Oxford is doing?

Don´t know the answer. Only that Life technologies has put alot of money on it!
    It is under my radar!

Comment

I smell a patent war!

Comment

Interesting interview with their CEO here.

Sounds very, very, very much like ONT. Beta's out at the end of the year, commerical in 2013.
        Now, one of the most interesting things is that he's quoting price ranges. Sub-$100 disposable chips and sub-$1k chip readers (about 9:30 in the vid and again at 14:30).

Comment

He seems to think a lipid bilayer is a cell wall.
          --------------
          Ethan

Comment

I can't comment on the IP issues (there seems to be so much nanopore IP out there, I don't know how they all keep it straight), but what Genia claims to have over other nanopore companies is their expertise in using analog-to-digital sensors directly on integrated circuits. They say it gives them control over the creation of lipid bilayers, the addition of the protein nanopore, and precise control over the movement of the DNA molecules (back and forth through the pore for multiple reads). They also claim to be able to ramp up to 1M sensors (each with an individual pore) on a 1cm X 1cm chip.

I love what ONT is demonstrating with how their instruments can operate in tandem, but it isn't clear how many independent sensors/pores they'll have per well. Does anyone know?

I've placed what I know about Genia and ONT on BlueSEQ's knowledgebank (along with a dozen other emerging NGS technologies): http://blueseq.com/knowledgebank/emerging-technologies/

Comment

I'm still waiting for Starlight...

Comment

Originally posted by Elcannibal View Post
                I'm still waiting for Starlight...
                Yeah, I don't think I'd hold my breath on that one...

Comment

Originally posted by scbaker View Post
                  I love what ONT is demonstrating with how their instruments can operate in tandem, but it isn't clear how many independent sensors/pores they'll have per well. Does anyone know?
                  They are presenting tomorrow/today I think, we shall see. My prediction is "not very many". Hope I am wrong.

Comment

I can't comment on the IP issues (there seems to be so much nanopore IP out there, I don't know how they all keep it straight), but what Genia claims to have over other nanopore companies is their expertise in using analog-to-digital sensors directly on integrated circuits. They say it gives them control over the creation of lipid bilayers, the addition of the protein nanopore, and precise control over the movement of the DNA molecules (back and forth through the pore for multiple reads). They also claim to be able to ramp up to 1M sensors (each with an individual pore) on a 1cm X 1cm chip.

I've placed what I know about Genia and ONT on BlueSEQ's knowledgebank (along with a dozen other emerging NGS technologies): http://blueseq.com/knowledgebank/emerging-technologies/
                    No QuantuMDx in your BlueSEQ's knowledgebank?

Comment

Originally posted by Biotech Rockstar View Post
                      No QuantuMDx in your BlueSEQ's knowledgebank?
                      Not yet, but they should be. I would love to hear more details about how the Q-SEQ device will work. Feel free to contact me directly.

Comment

Some little bird told me starlight is alive.

Comment

A group at the Salk presented data at AGBT13 using modified Starlight (no quantum dots).

Comment

Originally posted by krobison View Post
                            A group at the Salk presented data at AGBT13 using modified Starlight (no quantum dots).
                            Very interesting. Do you know if they've purchased the IP from $LIFE or if they have any commercialization plans?

Comment

Roche gets back in the NGS game with purchase of Genia

Originally posted by BBoy View Post
                              http://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing/...-platform-diff

There are not very many details on Genia's website, but what little is there reads like a carbon copy of Oxford's stuff.

So how does this not infringe on everything Oxford is doing?
                              After effectively exiting the NGS market in 2013, Roche is making moves to get back into it with their acquisition of Genia for up to $350M ($125 up front and $225 in potential future payments). Read more on our blog.
                              AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace
                              [email protected]
                              www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses