Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEBNext® Ultra™ DNA Library Prep QC- extra peak at around 1500bp

I used the NEBNext® Ultra™ DNA Library Prep for illumina to prepare the library and follow the standard protocol with 250ng DNA input, 8 PCR cycle and size selection for target total library size ~400bp.

However, I noted that quite a number of samples in the same preparation showed an extra peak at around 1600bp (slightly >1500bp, refer to the attached Bioanalyzer profile lanes 4, 5, 7 to 11).

From some forum discussion, a extra peak at 1500bp might be due to the carryover of magnetic beads. However, the peak in my libraries is not that strong and board compared with the typical magnetic bead leftover bioanalyzer profile.

Is the extra peak a single-stranded artefact? Do you think it will affect the sequencing of the library? Any another round dual bead size selection is needed to remove that extra peak?

Thanks very much for your comment.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Leo Lee; 09-19-2014, 08:08 AM.

I would like to attached more bioanalyzer profiles here. I have selected 3 samples from my library batch as an example.

All 3 samples are proceed in one batch. However, sample A does not have the extra peak beyond 1500bp while samples B and C have!

Does anyone think that the second peak may represent single-stranded library products that have self-annealed? As I don't think it is due to the magnetic bead carryout as I had already aliquot the library on magnetic stand.

Will it affect the sample pooling and do the downstream TruSeq Exome capture?

What can I do to avoid this problem?

Thanks!
    Leo
    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses