No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplicon normalization

I came across this this site today:
    Axygen products and solutions for genomics applications are offered through a wide portfolio of tools.

And was wondering if anyone has tried this AxyPrep Mag PCR Normalizer kit for normalizing amplicons prior to pooling for sequencing? If so, how'd it go? It seems simple and relatively straightforward, so I'm wondering why I've never heard of it before. (Or any of their other kits for that matter.)

What are people doing anyway to normalize a large number of amplicons prior to pooling and sequencing? Ampure beads/filter plate -> PicoGreen -> dilutions?

We still use SequalPrep normalization by Invitrogen. We haven't used the AxyPrep kit yet though.

Comment

Since its been over a year this question was originally asked, I would like to bring this topic back and see if someone has had good/bad experience with these normalization beads? I think it would be a great option to bypass all the onerous normalization post PCR/barcoding for sequencning on either PGM or Illumina.

Thoughts?

Comment

No experience with this, but I am curious how this works. I've deen doing exomes on SOLiD ald plan to do some more, So maybe this could be a good way to multiplex samples before the exome enrichment step? It would save a lot of time and money to use this instead of qpcr quant....

Can anyone share their experience with either Axy or other brands' normalization kits?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses