View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 02:41 AM   #5
vd4mindia

Default Filtering varscan variants

I would like to ask removing the snps closer to indels at 1bp thus removes a lot of snps for me. But it is not a test for false positive right? I believe if am using the local realignment around indel step with with GATK so the mis matches due to indel should not be a reason to work if you used GATK processed bam files for varscan and other standard variant calling tools. I am having typical normal/tumor sequenced at 70X for which I am calling variants with the varscan and if I do the somaticfilter with the sample.snp and sample.indel I lose a lot of SNPs. I get around 200 variants for my sample which I was thinking to be good numbers but then on annotating I miss out most on the exons. Also when I compare this results with mutect I do not get most of the mutations I receive with Mutect. So I ran again the VarScan with below command

Code:
samtools mpileup -f /scratch/GT/vdas/test_exome/exome/hg19.fa -q 1 -B /scratch/GT/vdas/pietro/exome_seq/results/N_S8980/N_S8980.realigned.recal.bam /scratch/GT/vdas/pietro/exome_seq/results/T_S7998/T_S7998.realigned.recal.bam | java -Xmx14G -jar /scratch/GT/softwares/VarScan.v2.3.6.jar somatic - /scratch/GT/vdas/pietro/exome_seq/results/varscan_out_17112014/S_313_T_soma_vcf.output --output-vcf 1 --mpileup 1 --min-var-freq 0.05 --min-coverage-normal 10 --min-coverage-tumor 8 --p-value 0.05
Now am getting the sample.snps.vcf with over 11k variants. I am thinking of not using somaticfilter, rather use process somatic to have the high confidence snps and then use filtervariant.py script to extract most confident ones. How does this sound?
vd4mindia is offline   Reply With Quote