No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLC and SNP discovery

Hi there,

I am using CLC 4.5 software for doing a de novo assembly and SNP discovery.
    I have already perform my de novo assembly, and I have mapped my reads to contigs with the main objective of SNP discovery.
    This software (CLC) has the option "SNP Detection", I have done it and I have discovered SNPs (after filtering).
    Does anyone of all know how can I get my consensus sequences with the ambiguities in one fasta file, or txt format?

I mean, imagine this sequence with this SNP (*), and these ambiguities (-)
    5` ... A G G G A T A G C C C G A T A G G G T A C A G G T T A ... 3`
    - * - -
    When I try to save my consensus sequence as a txt file, I can only save as one of these:
    a) if in the assembly selected VOTE (for ambiguities):
    5` ... A G G G A T A G C C C G A T A G G G T A C A G G T T A ... 3`

b) if in the assembly selected Unknown (for ambiguities):
    5` ... A G G G N T A G C C N G A T N G G G T A N A G G T T A ... 3`

c) if in the assembly selected Ambiguity (for ambiguities):
    5` ... A G G G A R A G C C C R A T M G G G T A Y A G G T T A ... 3`

But the one I want to save is this one: 5` ... A G G G A T A G C C C R A T A G G G T A C A G G T T A ... 3` (with the only annotated SNP).

Could you help me, please???

Thank you!

I haven't tried it, but during SNP detection you can select to annotate the consensus with SNPs or not - if you choose vote for ambiguities during alignment then annotate with SNPs during detection I'm guessing it should give you the result you are after

Comment

Hi ya,

I have tried to do what you have told me, but that one is not the solution, look what happens when I do that (see the attachment).
      The SNP is annotated, but I cannt have the fasta file as ambiguities (R) or as [A/G], what is the thing I would like, there must be a way to do that, but, how?
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a terrible alignment. You should increase the gap penalty.

Comment

no, don't worry about the aligment, that was a bad example.
          the question is how can i have the fasta file with the polymorphic site?

Comment

If you point to the sequence name on the left side of the panel and right click on the name, you should get a menu like "Open Copy of Sequence" . Once you have got a copy, you can export that into FASTA.

Comment

Yes, that is true, but the problem persists, in this way I cannot have the polymorphism annotation in the sequence (as "R" or "[A/G]") in the FASTA file.
              I don't know how to do this, I am desperate!!!

Comment

what does CLC recommend? AFAIK their support is quite helpful.

Comment

In the user guide there is nothing about this issue.
                  I have sent them an e-mail, I am waiting for response. If I can solve this issue, I will tell you, but I think there is no way to do this...

Comment

CLC support has answered

Hello all,

CLC support has answered to my question in a e-mail. They have told me this: "I'm afraid there is no way to export fasta sequence with ambiguities or IUPAC letters from the CLC software. However, if you have chosen to annotate your Consensus, and/or your Reference sequence, you could then export to GFF or Genbank format. The SNP variants that have been called will appear in the annotations. At that point though, you would have to script something to generate files of the format that suits you needs."

So, there is no way to do this...

If anyone knows about these type of script, please, let me know.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses