No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera XT library products low average bp size

Dear All,

I'm working on some ancient blood samples(about 20yrs old), trying to do some metagenomic studies on microbiota. The issue is: most of the library prep products' average bp falling around 250 like what was attached here. Is this MiSeqable? Your ideas and suggestions are more than welcome!

Tons of thanks!

Yue

PS: the library was prepared through the Nextera XT kits, and the tagmentation time was 2:30 minutes, amplified by 15 cycles. The others were strictly following Nextera XT protocol.

PPS: DNAs were probably degraded, but I randomly bioanalyzed the DNAs, some of their average bp were truly very low, lower than 250, but we did get some DNAs between 180-1100 bp, nevertheless, the library prep products are the similar as attached.
    Attached Files

It can be sequenced. Because average insert size is short (50-100 bp), I would use 150 cycle v3 kit for sequencing. Average quality would look low because most fragments will sequence through adapter but trimming should improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      It can be sequenced. Because average insert size is short (50-100 bp), I would use 150 cycle v3 kit for sequencing. Average quality would look low because most fragments will sequence through adapter but trimming should improve it.
      Thanks much! I will give it a shot, will keep you and this thread posted. Hopefully this try will help others.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses