Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeneMark-ES error

I am trying to run GeneMark-ES on contigs file with repeats masked out.
    The file is a hard mask file(i.e. repeats are replaced by 'N'). When I run
    genemark: nohup ./contigs.fa.masked > &logfile
    I get the error message:
    error reading parameter TERM_TGA_MAT
    error in model file org_S1.0mtx
    Error on system: prediction step
    Please let me know how this error could be resolved. Thank you for your help.

Hi parulvk, did you ever figure this error out? I am having the same issue and can't figure out to fix it. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi
      Having the same issue - but I guess you never figured it out ?

Comment

Hi All,

I just started getting a similar error. GeneMark-ES was previously working fine on my system, and now am getting some strange behavior resulting in the same "error on prediction step". Here is the ouput of the error:

Code:
        GC Range: (0,99)
        2956 sequences of length 5 used from 2957
        total sequences in bp.acc.seq2
        Generating model...
        TT     0.16 0.45 0.00 0.00 0.00
        TC     0.30 0.49 0.00 0.00 0.00
        TA     0.37 0.05 1.00 0.00 0.00
        TG     0.17 0.01 0.00 0.00 0.00
        CT     0.16 0.33 0.00 0.00 0.00
        CC     0.30 0.59 0.00 0.00 0.00
        CA     0.37 0.08 1.00 0.00 0.00
        CG     0.17 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
        AT     0.16 0.43 0.00 0.00 0.00
        AC     0.30 0.48 0.00 0.00 0.00
        AA     0.37 0.08 1.00 0.00 0.00
        AG     0.17 0.00 0.00 1.00 0.00
        GT     0.16 0.32 0.00 0.00 0.22
        GC     0.30 0.59 0.00 0.00 0.28
        GA     0.37 0.09 1.00 0.00 0.21
        GG     0.17 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.28
        Done
        sorted.intronLD
        Can't exec "head": No such file or directory at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/splice_phase.bp.v2.0 line 64.
        Use of uninitialized value $get in pattern match (m//) at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/splice_phase.bp.v2.0 line 66.
        Could not get the max intron length from sorted.intronLD

ERROR :: set_pseudo_counts: invalid count. Possibly you did not use -n with nucleotide data.
        EXITING
        Can't exec "head": No such file or directory at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/gibbs.out2len.pl line 44.
        Use of uninitialized value $acc in pattern match (m//) at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/gibbs.out2len.pl line 45.
        0 gibbs.r.out.branch.seq
        zero order for BP
        GC Range: (0,99)
        Use of uninitialized value $length in concatenation (.) or string at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/make_nt_freq.mat line 104.
        0 sequences of length  used from 0
        total sequences in gibbs.r.out.branch.seq
        Generating model...
        Use of uninitialized value $length in concatenation (.) or string at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/make_nt_freq.mat line 110.
        Use of uninitialized value $length in subtraction (-) at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/make_nt_freq.mat line 117.
        T    
        Use of uninitialized value $length in subtraction (-) at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/make_nt_freq.mat line 117.
        C    
        A    
        G    
        Done
        cat: No match.
        Can't exec "head": No such file or directory at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/scan_bp_get_gt_bp.pl line 48.
        Use of uninitialized value $acc in pattern match (m//) at /home/ngs/programs/gmes/gmes/scan_bp_get_gt_bp.pl line 49.
        error, no data in 6 - 3000 range
        error in file format, org_S4_bp.0mtx

Comment

Originally posted by parulvk View Post
          I am trying to run GeneMark-ES on contigs file with repeats masked out.
          The file is a hard mask file(i.e. repeats are replaced by 'N'). When I run
          genemark: nohup ./contigs.fa.masked > &logfile
          I get the error message:
          error reading parameter TERM_TGA_MAT
          error in model file org_S1.0mtx
          Please let me know how this error could be resolved. Thank you for your help.
          I get the exact same error. Unfortunately, this is not a descriptive message and it is kind of impossible to know what this means, especially since there is no documentation. Also, it appears the code was intentionally written to be as cryptic as possible, which makes debugging also not really possible. Maybe the best approach would be to not sink too much time into this program.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses