Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consed 19.0 adding new reads problem, realy need help

i have some Sanger sequencing chromatogrames result, i do not know how to insert these results into consed v19.0, it is for genome finishing, Someone can tell me every step? I would be very grateful.

and i want to know how to creat a *.fof file for those ab1 chromatogrames, thanks a lot.

Hi rucyfa,

you should really walk through the documentation of consed as it will answer most of your (actual and upcoming) questions:

short: you need to basecall your ab1 files (usually done with phred or tractuner) and then assemble the sequences using phrap; this is usually done with the phredPhrap script provided with the package. You can then load the alignment (ACE) file into consed for further reviewing/finishing.

If you then run into problems ask your specific questions or post to the consed mailing list (phui).

btw, 'ls *.ab1 > myFiles.fof' will create a fof list ...

cheers,
    Sven
    Last edited by sklages; 05-05-2010, 12:08 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the ace file :-)

Comment

well, thanks a lot, and i read the readme, i think my question is within 9.138) ADD NEW READS (SANGER - NOT SOLEXA OR 454)
      it said "copy the new chromatograms into the chromat_dir
      directory: cp ../chromats_to_add/* ../chromat_dir"
      I put all my ab1 files into the "chromat_dir" folder, and create a fof list which i put into "edit_dir folder", but it dose not work.
      shoud i do basecall all my new ab1 files again with phred ?
      Sorry to bother you again..........

Comment

Originally posted by rucyfa View Post
        well, thanks a lot, and i read the readme, i think my question is within 9.138) ADD NEW READS (SANGER - NOT SOLEXA OR 454)
        it said "copy the new chromatograms into the chromat_dir
        directory: cp ../chromats_to_add/* ../chromat_dir"
        I put all my ab1 files into the "chromat_dir" folder, and create a fof list which i put into "edit_dir folder", but it dose not work.
        shoud i do basecall all my new ab1 files again with phred ?
        Sorry to bother you again..........
        What did you do?
        What "does not work"?
        What errors do you get?
        Do you already have an assembly and want to add some reads or do you want to assemble some reads from scratch?

Still too many questions .. ;-)

Sven

Comment

sorry, I never used consed before.
          yes, i have already an assembly, and i want to add some new reads, what can i do ?

Comment

If you now have your list 'myFiles.fof' go ahead in the docs, subsitute 'reads_to_add.fof' with 'myFiles.fof',

9.138) ADD NEW READS (SANGER--NOT SOLEXA OR 454)
            [...]
            On the Main Window, click on the Add New Reads button. There will
            appear a list of files ending with .fof. These are files that contain
            lists of chromatograms. Double click on 'reads_to_add.fof' (Accept
            the defaults for the other options in this window.)

There should be lots of progress output in the xterm from which you
            started Consed. When it completes, there will be a Reads Added Window
            popup with a report of which reads were added.
            Finally see if everythings goes fine .. if not:

If you get an error message, look carefully at the full error message
            in the xterm to diagnose the problem. Probably there is some mistake
            in how you installed Consed. See INSTALLING CONSED (above).
            Until here really nothing special ...

cheers,
            Sven

Comment

yee....
              it should be nothing wrong, but it gives me a error message, i will show you tomorrow,
              Thank you for your patience to answer and good night.
              and again, to confirm fof file: in the new reads folder which contains my new ab1 files, i used command 'ls *.ab1 > myFiles.fof' to generate a fof file, then i put it into edit_dir folder, is all this right ?

Comment

Something went wrong running /usr/local/genome/bin/addReads2Consed.perl GenoscopeRhelvetica.fasta.screen.ace.35 /Users/nfs/dongxin/GenoscopeRhelvetica/newreads001/myreads001.fof addReadsAlignments153028. Gave error code 512 which means Unknown error: 512

this is the message for me, i know somethings wrong, do you have un idea for this?

Comment

I still don't know what you have done and how your fof really look like,

have you checked for cross_match and phred being installed (properly)?

Sven

Comment

U R right, evreything goes fine. I made a mistake, i find a read whose name with a space in it, therefore, always error process, anyway thanks a lot, I started to master the software

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses