Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using readFastq in R

I have converted some downloaded SRA files from GEO and have converted these to Fastq files but now I am trying to import the data into R and having trouble with this: I get an error message:

readFastq("/Users/parker/Desktop/Bioinformatics/sratoolkit.2.4.2-mac64/bin")

Error: Input/Output
    file(s):

Please could you let me know what I might be doing wrong and what I can do to solve this problem.

Many thanks
    Hannah

Dear Hannah
    Have a look at this posting guide: http://www.bioconductor.org/help/support/posting-guide for suggestions how to ask questions in a way that permit others to give a useful answer (esp. the 'Key points").
    Kind regards
    Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Huber
    EMBL

Comment

Are you sure that the fastq files are in that directory?

Comment

I located the SRA files in the folder 'bin' within the sratoolkit.2.4.2-mac64 folder, so that the SRA files and the fastq-dump are within the same folder. Using the terminal, I then converted the SRA files using ./fastq-dump -A SRR836215 SRR836215.sra for each files separately. The fastq files were then loaded into the same folder, underneath each SRA file.

I then downloaded the ShortRead package from bioconductor into R and used library(ShortRead) and then readFastq("/Users/parker/Desktop/Bioinformatics/sratoolkit.2.4.2-mac64/bin")

This took some time and then I got the error message:

Error: Input/Output
        files:

.... and a list of all the files

Hope this is more helpful

Comment

Try to import one file only...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses