Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROOT install + CNVnator issues

I received a pm from user antimony with the following but he did not allow private message responses, so I figured I'd post it here and hope he sees it.

Originally posted by antimony
    Hi milesgr,

how did you solve the compiling problems that came about when you were installing ROOT

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a(map-r2r-kind.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    gmake: *** [lib/libFFTW.so] Error 1

I am having the same problems with libpython and it looks like a generic situation

I remember what the problem was - the version of libfftw3.a found in /usr/local/lib was out of date. I also believe that the good version of the file was in another folder (but I wouldn't hold me to that) that I was able to find in the file system due to a message board thread that I cannot seem to locate. It is also possible that I had to install the updated fftw software (I don't remember ). If you do a search on the linux machine for libfftw3.a, perhaps you can find the other version if it exists. If not, I can send you the file that you will place in /usr/local/lib that should fix everything. If you want me to e-mail you the file, please feel free to e-mail me at my forum handle at umdnj.edu

hi milesgr, thanks! its embarrassing not realizing that private messages was not turned on and i had to find the reply right here. if the reason is that the libraries are out of date, i will try and get libpython2.6.a fixed and updated.

Comment

ROOT installation error

I downloaded root_v5.34.14.source.tar.gz from ftp://root.cern.ch/root,and I run the following command in order to install ROOT:
      tar zxvf root_v5.34.14.source.tar.gz
      cd root
      ./configure --with-xpm-libdir=/usr/lib64
      make
      But there was an error when I run the command "make". Here is the error:

bin/rmkdepend -R -fcore/base/src/TROOT.d -Y -w 1000 -- -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -D__cplusplus -- /opt2/tools/root/core/base/src/TROOT.cxx
      g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -o core/base/src/TROOT.o -c /opt2/tools/root/core/base/src/TROOT.cxx
      g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libCore.so -m64 -O2 -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--as-needed -o lib/libCore.so core/base/src/InitGui.o core/base/src/ManualBase4.o core/base/src/Match.o core/base/src/String.o core/base/src/Stringio.o core/base/src/TApplication.o core/base/src/TApplicationImp.o core/base/src/TAtt3D.o core/base/src/TAttAxis.o core/base/src/TAttBBox.o core/base/src/TAttFill.o core/base/src/TAttLine.o core/base/src/TAttMarker.o core/base/src/TAttPad.o core/base/src/TAttText.o core/base/src/TBase64.o core/base/src/TBenchmark.o core/base/src/TBrowser.o core/base/src/TBrowserImp.o core/base/src/TBuffer3D.o core/base/src/TBuffer.o core/base/src/TCanvasImp.o core/base/src/TColor.o core/base/src/TColorGradient.o core/base/src/TContextMenu.o core/base/src/TContextMenuImp.o core/base/src/TControlBarImp.o core/base/src/TDatime.o core/base/src/TDirectory.o core/base/src/TEnv.o core/base/src/TError.o core/base/src/TException.o core/base/src/TExec.o core/base/src/TFileCollection.o core/base/src/TFileInfo.o core/base/src/TFolder.o core/base/src/TGuiFactory.o core/base/src/TInetAddress.o core/base/src/TInspectorImp.o core/base/src/TMacro.o core/base/src/TMathBase.o core/base/src/TMD5.o core/base/src/TMemberInspector.o core/base/src/TMessageHandler.o core/base/src/TNamed.o core/base/src/TObject.o core/base/src/TObjectSpy.o core/base/src/TObjString.o core/base/src/TParameter.o core/base/src/TPluginManager.o core/base/src/TPRegexp.o core/base/src/TProcessID.o core/base/src/TProcessUUID.o core/base/src/TQCommand.o core/base/src/TQConnection.o core/base/src/TQObject.o core/base/src/TRefCnt.o core/base/src/TRef.o core/base/src/TRegexp.o core/base/src/TRemoteObject.o core/base/src/TROOT.o core/base/src/TStopwatch.o core/base/src/TStorage.o core/base/src/TString.o core/base/src/TStringLong.o core/base/src/TStyle.o core/base/src/TSysEvtHandler.o core/base/src/TSystem.o core/base/src/TSystemDirectory.o core/base/src/TSystemFile.o core/base/src/TTask.o core/base/src/TTime.o core/base/src/TTimer.o core/base/src/TTimeStamp.o core/base/src/TUri.o core/base/src/TUrl.o core/base/src/TUUID.o core/base/src/TVirtualFFT.o core/base/src/TVirtualGL.o core/base/src/TVirtualMonitoring.o core/base/src/TVirtualMutex.o core/base/src/TVirtualPad.o core/base/src/TVirtualPadEditor.o core/base/src/TVirtualPadPainter.o core/base/src/TVirtualPerfStats.o core/base/src/TVirtualPS.o core/base/src/TVirtualViewer3D.o core/base/src/TVirtualX.o core/cont/src/TArrayC.o core/cont/src/TArray.o core/cont/src/TArrayD.o core/cont/src/TArrayF.o core/cont/src/TArrayI.o core/cont/src/TArrayL64.o core/cont/src/TArrayL.o core/cont/src/TArrayS.o core/cont/src/TBits.o core/cont/src/TBtree.o core/cont/src/TClassTable.o core/cont/src/TClonesArray.o core/cont/src/TCollection.o core/cont/src/TExMap.o core/cont/src/THashList.o core/cont/src/THashTable.o core/cont/src/TIterator.o core/cont/src/TList.o core/cont/src/TMap.o core/cont/src/TObjArray.o core/cont/src/TObjectTable.o core/cont/src/TOrdCollection.o core/cont/src/TRefArray.o core/cont/src/TRefTable.o core/cont/src/TSeqCollection.o core/cont/src/TSortedList.o core/meta/src/TBaseClass.o core/meta/src/TCint.o core/meta/src/TClassAttributeMap.o core/meta/src/TClass.o core/meta/src/TClassGenerator.o core/meta/src/TClassMenuItem.o core/meta/src/TClassRef.o core/meta/src/TDataMember.o core/meta/src/TDataType.o core/meta/src/TDictionary.o core/meta/src/TFunction.o core/meta/src/TGenericClassInfo.o core/meta/src/TGlobal.o core/meta/src/TInterpreter.o core/meta/src/TIsAProxy.o core/meta/src/TMethodArg.o core/meta/src/TMethodCall.o core/meta/src/TMethod.o core/meta/src/TRealData.o core/meta/src/TSchemaRule.o core/meta/src/TSchemaRuleSet.o core/meta/src/TStreamerElement.o core/meta/src/TToggle.o core/meta/src/TToggleGroup.o core/meta/src/TVirtualStreamerInfo.o core/unix/src/TUnixSystem.o core/zip/src/ZDeflate.o core/zip/src/ZInflate.o core/zip/src/Compression.o core/lzma/src/ZipLZMA.o core/clib/src/attach.o core/clib/src/Demangle.o core/clib/src/detach.o core/clib/src/getpagesize.o core/clib/src/keys.o core/clib/src/mcalloc.o core/clib/src/mfree.o core/clib/src/mmalloc.o core/clib/src/mmapsup.o core/clib/src/mmcheck.o core/clib/src/mmemalign.o core/clib/src/mmstats.o core/clib/src/mmtrace.o core/clib/src/mrealloc.o core/clib/src/mvalloc.o core/clib/src/sbrksup.o core/clib/src/snprintf.o core/clib/src/strlcat.o core/clib/src/strlcpy.o core/metautils/src/RConversionRuleParser.o core/metautils/src/TClassEdit.o core/textinput/src/Getline_color.o core/textinput/src/Getline.o core/textinput/src/textinput/Editor.o core/textinput/src/textinput/History.o core/textinput/src/textinput/KeyBinding.o core/textinput/src/textinput/Range.o core/textinput/src/textinput/SignalHandler.o core/textinput/src/textinput/StreamReader.o core/textinput/src/textinput/StreamReaderUnix.o core/textinput/src/textinput/StreamReaderWin.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TerminalConfigUnix.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TerminalDisplay.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TerminalDisplayUnix.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TerminalDisplayWin.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TextInputContext.o core/textinput/src/textinput/TextInput.o core/base/src/G__Base1.o core/base/src/G__Base2.o core/base/src/G__Base3.o core/cont/src/G__Cont.o core/meta/src/G__Meta.o core/unix/src/G__Unix.o core/zip/src/G__Zip.o core/clib/src/G__Clib.o core/metautils/src/G__MetaUtils.o core/textinput/src/G__TextInput.o -lz lib/liblzma.a -lpcre -lcrypt -Llib -lCint -ldl
      ==> lib/libCore.so done
      g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libPyROOT.so -m64 -O2 -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--as-needed -o lib/libPyROOT.so bindings/pyroot/src/Adapters.o bindings/pyroot/src/ClassMethodHolder.o bindings/pyroot/src/ConstructorHolder.o bindings/pyroot/src/Converters.o bindings/pyroot/src/Executors.o bindings/pyroot/src/FunctionHolder.o bindings/pyroot/src/MemoryRegulator.o bindings/pyroot/src/MethodHolder.o bindings/pyroot/src/MethodProxy.o bindings/pyroot/src/ObjectProxy.o bindings/pyroot/src/PropertyProxy.o bindings/pyroot/src/PyBufferFactory.o bindings/pyroot/src/PyRootType.o bindings/pyroot/src/PyStrings.o bindings/pyroot/src/Pythonize.o bindings/pyroot/src/RootModule.o bindings/pyroot/src/RootWrapper.o bindings/pyroot/src/TCustomPyTypes.o bindings/pyroot/src/TemplateProxy.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyClassGenerator.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyDispatcher.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyException.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyFitFunction.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyReturn.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPyROOTApplication.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPySelector.o bindings/pyroot/src/TPython.o bindings/pyroot/src/TRflxCallback.o bindings/pyroot/src/TSetItemHolder.o bindings/pyroot/src/Utility.o bindings/pyroot/src/G__PyROOT.o -Llib -lRIO -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lMatrix -lNet -lThread -lMathCore -lCore -lCint -L/usr/local/lib -lpython2.7 -Llib -lCore -lCint -ldl
      /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a(myreadline.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
      /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
      collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
      make: *** [lib/libPyROOT.so] Error 1
      What should I do in this case to install ROOT successfully?
      Thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses