Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptseq V2 : fragmentation problem ?

Hi,

We want to study the transcriptome of breast cancer cell lines and tissue, so we want to do RNA-seq experiment.
    We prepare our sample with Tripure extraction, clean up (Qiagen), DNAse treatment. We check the quality with the Bioanalyser, our samples have a RIN of about 8 - 8,5.
    Then we use the Ribozero kit with 2µg of total RNA as input. We use the clean and concentrator (Zymo) to clean our sample. We obtain about 12ng of ribodepleted RNA (0,6ng/µl in 20µl). We check our samples with the Bioanalyser (see http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/01/11...bozero-090112/), everything seems ok.
    Then we prepare the library (scriptseq V2) with 9,5 µl of our ribodepleted RNA, we exactly follow the protocol (We purify the cDNA with the MinElute PCR purification kit in step 4.D., and we purify the RNA-seq library using AMPure XP purification (step 4.F.) , and we perform 15 cycles for the PCR)
    After that, we quantify with the Qubit, and we obtain +/- 3 to 5 ng/µl of DNA (total amount 60 to 100 ng, it's less than expected).

When we put 1µl of our sample on the Bioanalyser (DNA 1000), we see nothing, no peak, no concentration.

We tried one qPCR with this DNA (+/- 5ng DNA per well) , and we obtain good Cq values (we tried Actin (Cq = 17,2), 18S (Cq = 25,5), 28S (Cq = 22,1).

So we suppose that the fragmentation step didn't work well.
    We did all the experiment twice, and we obtain similar result.

What do you think about that ?
    Has someone else use this kit ? If yes, do you have any problem ?

Thank you

Best regards,
    Last edited by Oliviervg; 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM.

I'm not familiar with the scriptseq V2 so what I'm going to say might be silly but did you try to run your library on an Agilent HiSensitivity Chip?
    Maybe your concentration is too low to be detected on DNA1000 Chips...

Comment

Thank you for your answer,

After the library preparation we get more than 3 ng cDNA / µl, that is sufficient for an analysis with the DNA 1000 on the BioAnalyser.

We 'll try an other control on a DNA 7000 chip, and hope to see something.

Does someone already use this kit ? Did you have problem ?

Comment

Hi,
        I am using this kit now. It was my first time, but my RNA source is bacterial. I put 40 ng rRNA depleted mRNA as input and I got 30 ng/ul (Total volume 20 ul) DNA at the end, then I run an Agilent HiSensitivity Chip but I got strange results with the fragmentation. I got many fragments!

I am trying now to ask them what might be wrong.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses