X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number of snps are very low in vcf file

Hi,

Dear All,

I have WGS data of one healthy individual. I want to make a VCF file. I am running the following pipeline but the number of SNPs are low, only in thousands. I have a big bam file (256GB) with depth of 38X.

java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/picard-1.133/dist/picard.jar MarkDuplicates MAX_FILE_HANDLES_FOR_READ_ENDS_MAP=16000 REMOVE_DUPLICATES=true INPUT=gcxall_sort_mapped.bam OUTPUT=gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup.bam METRICS_FILE=gcx.mat ASSUME_SORTED=true

nohup java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/picard-1.133/dist/picard.jar AddOrReplaceReadGroups INPUT=gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup.bam OUTPUT=gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd.bam SORT_ORDER=coordinate RGLB=MP RGPL=SOLID RGPU=NOBARCODE RGSM=GCXI

java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/picard-1.133/dist/picard.jar CreateSequenceDictionary REFERENCE=new_newhg38.fa OUTPUT=new_newhg38.dict

java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/picard-1.133/dist/picard.jar ReorderSam I=gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd.bam O=gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr.bam REFERENCE=new_newhg38.fa

/home/lifescope/Desktop/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_79/bin/java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T RealignerTargetCreator -R /scratch/gcxi_all_bam/new_newhg38.fa -I gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr.bam --known Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg19.sites.vcf --known 1000G_phase1.indels.hg19.sites.vcf -o gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr.intervals --defaultBaseQualities 35

/home/lifescope/Desktop/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_79/bin/java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T IndelRealigner -R /scratch/gcxi_all_bam/new_newhg38.fa -I gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr.bam -targetIntervals gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr.intervals -o gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr_interval.bam -known Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg19.sites.vcf -known 1000G_phase1.indels.hg19.sites.vcf -l INFO --defaultBaseQualities 35

/home/lifescope/Desktop/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_79/bin/java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -R /scratch/gcxi_all_bam/new_newhg38.fa -I gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr_interval.bam -knownSites 1000G_phase1.indels.hg19.sites.vcf -knownSites Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.hg19.sites.vcf -knownSites dbsnp_138.hg19_out.vcf -o gcxi_recal_data.table --covariate QualityScoreCovariate --covariate ReadGroupCovariate --covariate ContextCovariate --covariate CycleCovariate --solid_nocall_strategy PURGE_READ --solid_recal_mode SET_Q_ZERO_BASE_N

/home/lifescope/Desktop/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_79/bin/java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T PrintReads -R /scratch/gcxi_all_bam/new_newhg38.fa -I gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr_interval.bam -BQSR gcxi_recal_data.table -o gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr_interval_recal.bam -allowPotentiallyMisencodedQuals

/home/lifescope/Desktop/usr/java/jdk1.7.0_79/bin/java -Xmx32g -Djava.io.tmpdir=java_tmp -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -jar /home/lifescope/Desktop/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T UnifiedGenotyper -glm BOTH -R /scratch/gcxi_all_bam/new_newhg38.fa -I gcxall_sort_mapped_dedup_crctd_rordr_interval_recal.bam -o raw_variants.vcf -D dbsnp_138.hg19_out.vcf -allowPotentiallyMisencodedQuals

Kindly help me in this regard, what I am missing..,,!!!??

Thanks.

Are you mixing old and new reference genomes:
    REFERENCE=new_newhg38.fa
    --known 1000G_phase1.indels.hg19.sites.vcf

Comment

Originally posted by Waqasuddin Khan View Post
      Hi,
      I have a big bam file (256GB) with depth of 38X.
      The file size is quite high to be 38X. You can compare your quality metrics to other samples with omnomicsQ (requires registration, free trial) to see if your bam has any other issues.

Comment

Hi jvolanen,

Throughout I used only one reference genome file (new_newhg38.fa, thats just my reference genome filename).

Is there GATK pipeline issue, UnifiedGenotyper???

Comment

Originally posted by Waqasuddin Khan View Post
          Throughout I used only one reference genome file (new_newhg38.fa, thats just my reference genome filename).

Is there GATK pipeline issue, UnifiedGenotyper???
          Based on the file names you are using hg38 reference genome to align but you are using known indels and dbsnp files using hg19 coordinates. That does not work. Either align your bam again against hg19 or change known indel and snp files to hg38 version.

I do not know how compatible GATK pipeline is with hg38. I would use SpeedSeq instead of GATK because it is faster, much easier and the accuracy is about the same.

Jussi

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses