Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Exome Sequencing using Ion torrent PGM

As the web page of Life technologies said, Ion torrent PGM is for small genomes and targeted gene expressions while the Ion proton is for human genomes and exomes. Yet, I came across that ion torrent PGM can be used in exome sequencing using 318 kits in some references but the information given are rather scanty.
    To my knowledge there is only one NGS sequencing machine in my country and it's an ion torrent PGM.
    Any support or information you know about exome sequencing via ion torrent PGM is much appreciated.

Nilaksha,

There's nothing inherently wrong about using the 318 chip for exome sequencing, it's just not the most efficient and will be more expensive than using a PI chip (or a MiSeq). People generally want ~5Gb of coverage for a human genome (100X coverage of 50Mb of sequence). The 318 chip tops out around 2Gb, so you're either stuck with lower coverage or you'll need to run 2-3 chips (adding to the expense). At AllSeq we've compiled the Ion Torrent specs for easy comparison.

If you're willing to use a provider outside of Sri Lanka, I'd encourage you to check out our Sequencing Marketplace. We'll help match you with a provider with any technology you'd like.

Sincerely,
    The AllSeq Support Team
    AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace
    [email protected]
    www.AllSeq.com

Comment

Thank you very much for the valuable information. I checked AllSeq, and it is very informative.
      I will go through the site further and ask you if I get any doubts.

Thanking you,
      Nilaksha.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses