Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De novo mutations and homosexuality

Is there a possibility that a minority of male homosexuals are gay cause of rare de novo mutations?

I'm gay I do look very weird. Very often I get insultet with painful words like ''faggot''. I do look very strange. That's why I believe something biological is not running correctly! I also realized that male homosexuality is common. Why that?

I have theories that male homosexality is seperated in three subtypes!

Subtypes 1. : approx. 70% of all gay men, homosexuality is caused by
    uncommon hormonal condition in combination of too less gene
    activity.

Subtype 2. : 20 % of all gay men, Homosexuality is caused by complex
    polygenic interaction which leads to this kind of sexual
    orientation

Subtype 3. : 10 % of all gays, Homosexuality is caused by very rare de
    novo mutations.

I am sure I do have a de novo mutation which causes my homosexuality. How I can find out which gene is affected?

I know there's literature looking at the genetics of sexual orientation, but I'm not familiar with it, so I won't comment on the plausibility of your theory.

You'd need to start by doing exome sequencing on yourself and your parents and then looking for variants in you that aren't present in them. If you have siblings, then it'd be good to sequence them as well. You'd want to confirm any findings with a different technology (e.g., Sanger sequencing). This wouldn't be a definitive finding, of course, but that's how you'd find likely candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by dpryan View Post
      I know there's literature looking at the genetics of sexual orientation, but I'm not familiar with it, so I won't comment on the plausibility of your theory.

You'd need to start by doing exome sequencing on yourself and your parents and then looking for variants in you that aren't present in them. If you have siblings, then it'd be good to sequence them as well. You'd want to confirm any findings with a different technology (e.g., Sanger sequencing). This wouldn't be a definitive finding, of course, but that's how you'd find likely candidates.
      Exactly this I planned to do. I don't have the money to do that actually. But soon I will have.

You don't know how often I get insulted in the public! On photos my face do look very alien like. Even my father has said behind my back, I would look like a ''faggot''. My life is totally ****.

I even got ridiculed when I walked by the Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich. People instantly see me as homosexual.

I don't believe my homosexuality is polygenetic caused, because:

My father is totally heterosexual and sometimes he gets offensive when he sees gays in TV. My brother is heterosexual, too. When he was younger he also went on internet for seeing naked women. His father is hetero totally, too.

I do have 50% of my father's DNA. On average I do share 50% brothers DNA. Let's look at my mother. She has two brothers and both are totally heterosexual. One of her brother has produced three children. She also has a sister who has born two sons. They are totally hetero. Her father is totally hetero, too. Well, he produced 6 children.

So the the hypothesis of a very rare de novo mutation whichcauses my homosexuality is not absurd. I looking to find them and analyze them.

Comment

Not bioinformatics. Moving to General. And any trolls that post in here will be squashed quickly. I believe this is a sincere discussion so I'm going to keep it open for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
          Not bioinformatics. Moving to General. And any trolls that post in here will be squashed quickly. I believe this is a sincere discussion so I'm going to keep it open for now.
          But I'm not even fully confident with exome trio-parent and brother sequencing. Better was FULL genome sequencing. But well Encode has find out that only 8,2% of human DNA is biological active.

Despite that, in general a son gets 14(average) de novo mutations from the mother and 50 until 70 de novo mutation from the father. With exome trio sequcing I only can find 1-4 de novo mutations. That's not effective. There was also the possibility that a VERY RARE de novo mutation in a enhancer region causes my homosexuality.

Comment

Small-scale de novo mutations are a possible explanation for some exceedingly rare phenotypes at perhaps the 1/100,000 level. I don't think they're plausible for a substantial fraction of common phenotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
              Small-scale de novo mutations are a possible explanation for some exceedingly rare phenotypes at perhaps the 1/100,000 level. I don't think they're plausible for a substantial fraction of common phenotypes.

But on average a son has between 40 until 70 new de novo mutations in the DNA!

I am pretty sure male homosexuality mostly caused by prenatal/perinatal hormonal condition in interaction with gene activity. But what if a very very small group of male homosexuals do have de novo mutations that causes their homosexuality?

Sir, you have never seen me, but you don't know how weird I do look. You can't compare me with famous gays like Neil Patrick Harrison, Micheal Sam or Darren Young! They do not look like a fa**ot! There were people who looked into my face and got offensive reactions! They said things like ,,Yuck he has a face like fag, or did you see how gay is face is? That's what I get to hear by foreign people.

I'm pretty sure the possibilty of a de novo mutation in my DNA which causes this kind of phenotype could indeed exist! That's why I want to check out my DNA and find new de novo mutations. After that I will have a list of possible genes which I can analyze further.

Even my father several times said I had a face of a fa**ot! That's for me very painful. And there is also a man in the neighbourhood who made fun about my face and also once said I would look ''sick''!

Last week riding on my bicyle to a course for running. Then on the way a gardener(there was a second gardener next to him) saw me and got very loud and cried:,, Ugh this men over there looks like a fag! He cleary looked at me with facial expression of fullest disgust for my person. I have never seen this person in my life before, you should know!
              Last edited by Mr.Zurich1992; 08-08-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

This tread is unhealthy as it promotes social stereotypes. It seems to be enforcing the idea the homosexuality is something that has to be justified rather than accepted. Attempting to justify the person you are is totally the wrong perspective. The people that judge others and attempt to demean others are the ones with the problem. You are they way god intended you to be, if people have a problem with that then they know who to take it up with.

Take no notice and live your life. The ones with negative intent are the losers. Live your life with positive intent and not judge others and your the winner.

I wish you much happines

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhi321 View Post
                  This tread is unhealthy as it promotes social stereotypes. It seems to be enforcing the idea the homosexuality is something that has to be justified rather than accepted. Attempting to justify the person you are is totally the wrong perspective. The people that judge others and attempt to demean others are the ones with the problem. You are they way god intended you to be, if people have a problem with that then they know who to take it up with.

Take no notice and live your life. The ones with negative intent are the losers. Live your life with positive intent and not judge others and your the winner.

I wish you much happines

Dan

Despite that it doesn't change the fact I will look for de novo mutation. Because in my particular something pathological is at work!

Comment

I wish you much happines

Dan
                    But this is a scientific forum. Science deals with many issues that have social connotations. Sexuality is a huge part of biology, and homosexuality has been studied in many species. I see nothing wrong with attempting to identify if any kind of sexuality has a genomic basis., as long as the motive is purely scientific. In fact it would be a major breakthrough in behavioural biology to link such important behavioural traits to DNA. Moreover, I feel it would actually help quash all the ridiculous right wing/idiot views that homosexuals 'choose' their sexuality. If someone were a genius, and they wanted to know if this was due to a slight rearrangement in their genome, would that constitute "trying to justify the person you are"? It only becomes a negative subject if you view it in that manner. Personally I don't.

"You are they way god intended you to be,"

What is 'god', and what evidence is there that what ever it is intended for anything to 'be'?

As long as discussions are kept within the realm of science (and not supernatural and personal beliefs) then there should never be an issue.

Comment

If you're willing to spend the extra cash for enough whole-genome sequencing to call reliable variants then certainly go for that rather than exome sequencing.

BTW, you probably want to withhold terms like "pathological". I presume you mean it in terms of whatever facial or similar characteristics are apparently out of the norm, but, given the title of this thread, I worry that others will read that as referring to your sexual orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieBadger View Post
                        But this is a scientific forum. Science deals with many issues that have social connotations. Sexuality is a huge part of biology, and homosexuality has been studied in many species. I see nothing wrong with attempting to identify if any kind of sexuality has a genomic basis., as long as the motive is purely scientific. In fact it would be a major breakthrough in behavioural biology to link such important behavioural traits to DNA. Moreover, I feel it would actually help quash all the ridiculous right wing/idiot views that homosexuals 'choose' their sexuality. If someone were a genius, and they wanted to know if this was due to a slight rearrangement in their genome, would that constitute "trying to justify the person you are"? It only becomes a negative subject if you view it in that manner. Personally I don't.

"You are they way god intended you to be,"

What is 'god', and what evidence is there that what ever it is intended for anything to 'be'?

As long as discussions are kept within the realm of science (and not supernatural and personal beliefs) then there should never be an issue.
                        The term "supernatural" has no real meaning except to describe what we don't understand. Just like the term "junk" DNA. Many sciientists openly believe in god and to suggest they have no place in this forum is discriminatory at best. Your dismissal of what you don't understand is, in fact, anti-science. Also, I agree, suggesting the homosexuality is pathological is like suggesting being a genius (which is in the eye of the beholder) is pathological.

Comment

The term "supernatural" has no real meaning except to describe what we don't understand. Just like the term "junk" DNA. Many sciientists openly believe in god and to suggest they have no place in this forum is discriminatory at best. Your dismissal of what you don't understand is, in fact, anti-science. Also, I agree, suggesting the homosexuality is pathological is like suggesting being a genius (which is in the eye of the beholder) is pathological.

I don't say homosexuality is pathological in most gays. But i do believe homosexuality is a natural and normal biological anomaly. But I also think my homosexuality do have its cause in a very rare de novo mutation or de novo copy variation and to be pathological.

Once I went to the Swiss German TV station to sit in the audience. Later when I was at home I could see me in the TV and was shocked how abnormal I do look like.

Here in this link you can see my face and realze my hypothesis of having a rare de novo mutation which causes my homosexuality to be true!

You can see me in 30,25 - 30,55 or 48,59 - 50,05 or 59,42- 10,15 or 17,22 - 18,16. In those sequences you can see me directly. I'm the guy with glasses behind the old man with glasses.

It's obvious that I do look like a fa**ot and totally weird and sick. I don't have tomatos in front of my eyes. I can clearly see that biological something isn't running correctly in my body. I will find out what exactly it is and try to fix it.

I do believe that I belong to a tiny minory of male homosexuals who have defective gene in threre DNA causes their homosexuality.
                          Last edited by Mr.Zurich1992; 08-09-2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I believe the genetics is there underlying sexual orientation. I knew when I was 4years I was drawn to the opposite sex. It was a no brainer to me. And I wasn't exposed to the social 'dating' cues and status quos of life yet obviously. There is something very primal about it. So I do believe sexual orientation relies on genetics.

You should start reading the literature on other species and their sexual orientation in the wild. From what I know, male and female orangutans represent the closest to humans in terms of reproduction. You can look up the details yourself as to why. It might help you to read up on them as well. Good luck. I hope you post any of your findings here, or publish a paper about it.

Comment

Originally posted by seqgirl123 View Post
                              I believe the genetics is there underlying sexual orientation. I knew when I was 4years I was drawn to the opposite sex. It was a no brainer to me. And I wasn't exposed to the social 'dating' cues and status quos of life yet obviously. There is something very primal about it. So I do believe sexual orientation relies on genetics.

You should start reading the literature on other species and their sexual orientation in the wild. From what I know, male and female orangutans represent the closest to humans in terms of reproduction. You can look up the details yourself as to why. It might help you to read up on them as well. Good luck. I hope you post any of your findings here, or publish a paper about it.
                              I have exome sequenced my DNA! I will make list of de novo mutations!

I want to say that I have looked for genes which do interact with the AR-gene. I have found out that I have a de novo deletition in the NCOR2 gene. Two bases are deleted this means the entire protein coding is shifted! But it is only heterzygotic!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses