Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ampure beads

Left my beads on bench overnight. Is it still OK to use?

The performance shouldn't be affected from sitting at room temperature overnight. The beads are just magnets in polyethylene glycol; there's nothing in terms of enzymes or anything that would degrade. As long as you don't boil them or freeze them they'll last a while.

Comment

only potential problem is stuff growing in them and that stuff's DNA getting into whatever library you were making. not a problem for all library prep protocols.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi, what do you think might happen if you by chance happen to freeze them??

Comment

i frequently freeze beads under water sup during elution and then thaw, incubate, and remove beads later

if you freeze the raw ampure solution i'm not sure what happens, it's pretty concentrated stuff so there might be some precipitation. or maybe not. if not i bet they're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by elhb View Post
              Hi, what do you think might happen if you by chance happen to freeze them??
              I have always heard that freezing magnetic beads in general makes them behave "weird," but I don't recall any actual details or evidence.

Leaving AMPure XP beads on your bench overnight will not affect the performance at all. I have known people who stored beads at room temp for weeks and used them regularly with no problems, although I wouldn't recommend that.

Comment

I have personally left Ampure beads out, ON, on accident. Paranoid, I thought I couldn't use them, but I did, and everything was just fine!

Comment

hello
                  i was wondering about left Ampure by chance the beads at Room temperature for two weeks and i don't know if it still works or not and it costs me around 700 pounds?
                  please help me or any suggestions that would be appreciated.

thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by hssalgh2 View Post
                    hello
                    i was wondering about left Ampure by chance the beads at Room temperature for two weeks and i don't know if it still works or not and it costs me around 700 pounds?

thank you very much
                    The beads should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by hssalgh2 View Post
                      hello

thank you very much
                      There are many protocols for producing "home-made" Ampure beads . The one I follow (Rohland & Reich, Genome Res 2012) uses NaN3 (sodium azide) as preservative at a final conc of 0.05%. Ampure beads are SO expensive, I do hope that Beckman is also using NaN3 to increase their shelf life! They simply must do it

Comment

Originally posted by Simone78 View Post
                        There are many protocols for producing "home-made" Ampure beads . The one I follow (Rohland & Reich, Genome Res 2012) uses NaN3 (sodium azide) as preservative at a final conc of 0.05%. Ampure beads are SO expensive, I do hope that Beckman is also using NaN3 to increase their shelf life! They simply must do it
                        Thank you so much but is it ok when I left beads on the shelf for two weeks not in the friadg that happen by chance!

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Simone78 View Post
                          A qucik look at the SDS (https://www.beckmancoulter.com/wsrpo...entId=45481385 ) confirms that they do.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                          • seqadmin
                            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                          0 responses