Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fkrueger View Post
    The one sequence that escaped has a slightly different sequence than the standard adapter sequence and was thus probably missed out. Not sure why this is, but you could either run it again using the end of that very sequence in question or just don't bother because a full length adapter sequence is not going to align anyway.

The ratio of the last 3 bases changes due to the trimming, so if you remove e.g. the A from the read then the A content will go down while other bases contents go up. The bias in the start looks very much like the bias from random hexamer priming which is quite typical and has been discussed in several threads already. Overall I think you should be good to start aligning your reads now!
    Thanks Felix. Great, I am ready for my very first RNA-seq then!

Comment

Please help! (Trim Galore of RRBS data)

Hi!

I want to use Trim Galore to precess RRBS data before working with bismark.
      System win7 ultimate, 64bit
      However, I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "F:\RRBSCML\cutadapt\scripts\cutadapt.py", line 71, in <module> from cutadapt import seqio, __version__
      ImportError: cannot import name seqio

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help!!

Comment

Hi magisterh,

The error you are seeing is caused by Cutadapt not being able to find required packages under Windows. I would suggest to either contact Marcel Martin directly (the developer of Cutadapt), or follow BB's suggestion to use his suite of tools.

Comment

trim galore and cutadapt software errors

hi...

this is the error i am getting while running the Trim galore and cutadapt... what is the exactly this error, and how can solve this problem ????

cutadapt/_align.c:8:22: fatal error: pyconfig.h: No such file or directory

#include "pyconfig.h"

^

compilation terminated.

error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
          Cleaning up...
          Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip_build_manman/cutadapt/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-V_zM1D-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip_build_manman/cutadapt
          Storing debug log for failure in /home/manman/.pip/pip.log

Comment

Originally posted by JQL View Post
            Hi
            I try to run trim galore but received an error message (pasted below). It says "cutadapt ... failed at /usr/local/bin/trim_galore line 420". Anyone knows what it means?

thanks

###############################
            $ No quality encoding type selected. Assuming that the data provided uses Sanger encoded Phred scores (default)

SUMMARISING RUN PARAMETERS
            ==========================
            Input filename: Sample_C1.R1.fastq.gz
            Quality Phred score cutoff: 20
            Quality encoding type selected: ASCII+33
            Adapter sequence: 'GATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCACTTAGGCATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG'
            Maximum trimming error rate: 0.1 (default)
            Minimum required adapter overlap (stringency): 20 bp
            Minimum required sequence length before a sequence gets removed: 20 bp
            Running FastQC on the data once trimming has completed
            Running FastQC with the following extra arguments: '--outdir ./'
            Output file will be GZIP compressed

Writing final adapter and quality trimmed output to Sample_C1.R1_trimmed.fq

>>> Now performing quality (cutoff 20) and adapter trimming in a single pass for the adapter sequence: 'GATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCACTTAGGCATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG' from file Sample_C1.R1.fastq.gz <<<
            open3: exec of cutadapt -f fastq -e 0.1 -q 20 -O 20 -a GATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCACTTAGGCATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG Sample_C1.R1.fastq.gz failed at /usr/local/bin/trim_galore line 420

RUN STATISTICS FOR INPUT FILE: Sample_C1.R1.fastq.gz
            =============================================
            0 sequences processed in total
            Illegal division by zero at /usr/local/bin/trim_galore line 506.
            ^C
            [3]- Exit 255 trim_galore --fastqc_args "--outdir ./" -a GATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCACTTAGGCATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG -s 20 Sample_C1.R1.fastq.gz
            hi ....
            i am also getting the same error ... please can tell me how did you try to solve this problem ????

Comment

Please don't cross-post on here and Biostars (where I already replied).

Comment

Thanks Ryan for your help. To edit the path to Cutadapt, open Trim Galore in a text editor and edit the path to the Cutadapt executable where it says:

# change these paths if needed:
                my $path_to_cutadapt = 'cutadapt';

Comment

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to fix this trim galore/cutadapt error:

SUMMARISING RUN PARAMETERS
                  ==========================
                  Input filename: paired
                  Trimming mode: single-end
                  Trim Galore version: 0.3.7
                  Quality Phred score cutoff: 20
                  Quality encoding type selected: ASCII+33
                  Adapter sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGC'
                  Maximum trimming error rate: 0.1 (default)
                  Minimum required adapter overlap (stringency): 1 bp
                  Minimum required sequence length before a sequence gets removed: 20 bp

Writing final adapter and quality trimmed output to paired_trimmed.fq

>>> Now performing quality (cutoff 20) and adapter trimming in a single pass for the adapter sequence: 'AGATCGGAAGAGC' from file paired <<<
                  'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
                  Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "/jhpce/shared/community/compiler/gcc/4.4.7/python/3.4.0/lib/python3.4/encodings/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
                  import codecs
                  File "/jhpce/shared/community/compiler/gcc/4.4.7/python/3.4.0/lib/python3.4/codecs.py", line 88
                  *, _is_text_encoding=None):
                  ^
                  SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Cutadapt terminated with exit signal: '256'.
                  Terminating Trim Galore run, please check error message(s) to get an idea what went wrong...

Yet codecs is part of my available python modules!

Comment

Hi Varenka,

not quite sure what is going wrong exactly but you need to get Cutadapt up and running before using Trim Galore. If you enter
                    Code:
                    $ cutadapt
                    you should see the Cutadapt help, does that work? If you run FastQC on your input file ('paired'), does that run to completion? This should tell you if something is wrong with the input file. Other than that... hmm, try reinstalling Cutadapt following their exact installation guidelines?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                    • seqadmin
                      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                    0 responses