No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ion torrent

Hi all,
    I want to pre-amplify a 70Kb gene prior resequencing via ion torrnet. could any one please tell me what is the best way to do this.
    Thanks

When you say pre-amplify, from how many samples (and if more than one, how many runs do you want to pack it into)? Do you care only about exons or the entire gene?

Comment

Originally posted by krobison View Post
      When you say pre-amplify, from how many samples (and if more than one, how many runs do you want to pack it into)? Do you care only about exons or the entire gene?
      I want to do this in about 50 samples and i am interested in entire gene.
      I think I can do it in one run using the 318 chip.

Comment

One possibility would be to design (and validate!) a series of long PCR amplicons to tile the gene (each one overlaps the previous one by a bit).

The pooled amplicons from each sample then generates a new fragment library. One thing to watch out for is that primer-derived sequences will have artificially high variant rates due to primer synthesis errors.

Comment

There is a long lange pcr kit offered by Qiagen. this kit will generate a library of 8 overlapped amplicons (10 kb each) for my 70 kb gene. I think i can use it and then with biorubter or covaris I can generate fragments with 200bp lenght for ePCR and sequencing afterward. What do you think....

Comment

Hi All,
            How can I ligate ion torrent barcodes to my DNA fragments.
            Regards,Tarek

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses