Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to publish WGS annotation and description paper?

Dear Users,

We have sequenced, assembled, annotated, the genome of a sp. nov. bacterium using 454 and Illumina Hybrid Sequencing and submitted it to the NCBI GenBank. We have also annotated COG details. Apart from that, we have performed several wet lab works like whole VITEK Gen2, physiological tests, Transmission Electron Microscopy, MALDI-TOF, Gram Staining etc.

We were actually preparing for submission in Standards in Genomic Sciences (SIGS), but it turned out that the editors require money at the time of submission, and the money is not refunded even if the paper is not accepted , a risk that me and my institution is not willing to take.

So, here we are, with all those work done, time and money spent, paper written, and shelved!!!

Please suggest some other journal which accepts similar papers, maybe little more benchwork but at least accept what we have done so far.

Thanking you for reading so far.

Regards,

Aditya Singh

PLOS ONE, or ASM's new Genome Announcements journal.

Comment

BMC Genomics

Comment

Thank you nickloman and JackieBadger for your prompt reply.

About the Genome Announcement Journal: They accept genome announcements which is limited to 500 words. Ours is much more data than that, plus wet lab works.

About PLOS ONE: I looked into the journal but could not find any paper similar to ours. My data is a Draft genome sequence with 128 contigs... I guess I will write to the editor.

About BMC Genomics: Same situation, I will write to its editor too.

Your help is much appreciated!
        Last edited by acdindia; 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM. Reason: Grammer :)

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses