Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextera-Truseq hybrid library prep

First, many thanks to ECO et al for this thread.

I have a related question.

Is it possible to sequence a library that has a one Truseq end and one Nextera end?

For example:

5'-CommonEnd-Index1-InnerNextera-N^n-InnerTruseq-Index2-CommonEnd-3'

Thanks for you thoughts.

Originally posted by casey6r0wn View Post
    First, many thanks to ECO et al for this thread.

I have a related question.

Is it possible to sequence a library that has a one Truseq end and one Nextera end?

For example:

5'-CommonEnd-Index1-InnerNextera-N^n-InnerTruseq-Index2-CommonEnd-3'

Thanks for you thoughts.
    Presuming you are running the samples on a MiSeq, I think it could work. Devil is in the details, of course...

--
    Phillip

Comment

Are you implying that it would not work on a HiSeq, but will on a MiSeq? How will it matter in this context? Thanks for the clarification.

Assuming a library has the correct terminal oligos (for annealing to the flow cell) and one uses the right mix of sequencing primers...

Comment

Originally posted by casey6r0wn View Post
        Are you implying that it would not work on a HiSeq, but will on a MiSeq? How will it matter in this context? Thanks for the clarification.

Assuming a library has the correct terminal oligos (for annealing to the flow cell) and one uses the right mix of sequencing primers...
        The MiSeq comes loaded with all the primers needed to sequence both Nextera and TruSeq libraries as well as dual indexes.

The HiSeq requires extra reagents, both primers and SBS reagents to deal with the extra index cycles. At least in "high output mode".

In Rapid mode, I think the situation is similar to that for the MiSeq.

I forgot to note that you still have to set up the sample sheet right for the MiSeq. To get dual indexes to work you have to choose "Amplicon" as your recipe, you get an error if you try to choose "Default". Also, you need to input the index sequences for your i7 and i5 reads.

--
        Phillip

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses