Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • reuben.jacob
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2014
    • 3

    #1

    NA entries in cummeRbund heatmap

    Hi All,

    I'm new to RNA-Seq and Bioinformatics. We have done a RNA-Seq study using Illumina Hi-Seq (paired-end, 90bp reads) on two cell types.

    I have managed to remove the adapters, trim low quality reads and remove reads < 50bp (Trim Galore). I have then mapped them (TopHat-v2.0.8b) and assembled the mapped reads (Cufflinks). I then merged the reads (Cuffmerge) followed by differential gene analyses (CummeRbund).

    When I generated a heatmap of the differentially expressed genes, I came across three instances of NA corresponding to a XLOC ID!

    1) I'm not sure what this means?

    2) Is there a way to remove these entries from the .db database and hence from the heatmap assuming that its something useless?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers!
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    Yesterday, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Today, 09:51 AM
0 responses
9 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
32 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
27 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
47 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...