Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Someone know how can I get the "consensus sequence" from each cluster provided by RepeatExplorer. I mean, Repeat Explorer provides clusters of repeat elements. I want to know how can I get the consensus sequence from each cluster which is used to identify the repeat element through repeatmasker.

I'm using RepeatExplorer with unmapped reads from Begonia's genome. The main clusters are not defined by repeat masker so I would like to get the consensus sequence from each cluster to see what they look like because we know that they probably are specific repeat elements from Begonia.

Someone known?

Thanks!

Comment

RepeatExplorer assembles the clustered reads for each cluster with cap3.
      These contigs are in a directory for each cluster, for example
      seqClust/clustering/clusters/dir_CL0123/contigs_CL123
      Some clusters are simple, but often there are many many contigs!
      I have tried Muscle to align the contigs, but you need to first flip half of the contigs that are by chance in the opposite orientation.
      You can also find how many reads went into each cap3 contig from the ace file
      seqClust/clustering/clusters/dir_CL0123/ACE_CL123.ace
      and maybe select the contigs with the most reads.
      It's not easy!

Comment

RE: Telomeres not clustered by RepeatExplorer

Originally posted by dsenalik View Post
        (I am posting this here for lack of a better place, just for information.)

I discovered that I had reads that were entirely the classic arabidopsis telomere repeat, i.e.
        AGGGTTT
        But despite adequate abundance, none of these reads show up in any clusters. However, a smaller number of reads that are two thirds this motif did get clustered.
        It is probably some aspect of the clustering process that can't handle a 7-nucleotide repeat motif.
        Hi Doug, this is caused by masking simple sequence repeats (low complexity regions) during mgblast search, resulting in no similarity hits from reads entirely made of telomeric motifs. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this problem because disabling this masking option would probably generate many non-specific hits in read comparisons, leading to bad clustering results.

Best, Jiri

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new to Repeatexplorer as well as bioinformatics. Recently i have ran repeatexplorer on my low pass genome sequencing data at Galaxy server. However, my result files generated are empty and i am not able to figure out what the problem is as there is no indication of any sort of error happening during the run.

If anyone have any detail about this and can guide me i'l be grateful.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, could you provide more details about your run - how many reads did you submit, what tool did you use (probably RepeatExplorer / clustering ?), and what exactly was the result of your run (did the history items turn green or red ?). What is the content of the analysis log ? (the item named "Log information of clustering...")

Thanks,

Jiri Macas

Originally posted by Heena_2002 View Post
            Hi all,

I'm new to Repeatexplorer as well as bioinformatics. Recently i have ran repeatexplorer on my low pass genome sequencing data at Galaxy server. However, my result files generated are empty and i am not able to figure out what the problem is as there is no indication of any sort of error happening during the run.

If anyone have any detail about this and can guide me i'l be grateful.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Jiri,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have tried to run it on two sets of sampled data; one with 1 Million and another with 1.2 Million sequences. For sampling of large dataset, i have used the tool Sequence sampling available on galaxy. I have ran clustering programme of Repeatexplorer. I checked the results once the files turned green in the history panel. However, the HTML and cluster files generated were empty. According to the log information there seems to be some error during rps blast of the pipeline (as far as i can understand). For your further reference i'm providing a snapshot of the log file at the portion i noticed the error. Hope this will enable you to figure out the problem and guide me through this. If you require any more information regarding this i will update you.

Thank you!

Clustering step 1 - renaming read names using integers
              2016-11-02 20:32
              Converting hitsort to binary format
              2016-11-02 20:35
              Clustering
              2016-11-02 20:36
              creating membership and cls files
              2016-11-02 20:37
              Wed Nov 2 20:37:52 CET 2016
              Evaluating connection between clusters
              2016-11-02 20:37
              Running rpsblast
              2016-11-02 20:40
              USAGE
              rpsblast [-h] [-help] [-import_search_strategy filename]
              [-export_search_strategy filename] [-db database_name]
              [-dbsize num_letters] [-gilist filename] [-seqidlist filename]
              [-negative_gilist filename] [-entrez_query entrez_query]
              [-query input_file] [-out output_file] [-evalue evalue]
              [-word_size int_value] [-xdrop_ungap float_value] [-xdrop_gap float_value]
              [-xdrop_gap_final float_value] [-searchsp int_value]
              [-max_hsps_per_subject int_value] [-seg SEG_options]
              [-soft_masking soft_masking] [-culling_limit int_value]
              [-best_hit_overhang float_value] [-best_hit_score_edge float_value]
              [-window_size int_value] [-lcase_masking] [-query_loc range]
              [-parse_deflines] [-outfmt format] [-show_gis]
              [-num_descriptions int_value] [-num_alignments int_value] [-html]
              [-max_target_seqs num_sequences] [-num_threads int_value] [-remote]
              [-comp_based_stats compo] [-use_sw_tback] [-version]

DESCRIPTION
              Reverse Position Specific BLAST 2.2.28+

Use '-help' to print detailed descriptions of command line arguments
              USAGE
              [-e

========================================================================

USAGEUSUnkno: Unknown argument: "d"
              ================================================================

nknown argument: "d"
              Error: : Unknown argument: "d"
              nknown argument: "d"
              Error: Unknown argument: "d"
              Process 3:
              Process 1:
              Process 6:
              Traceback (most recent call last):
              File "/usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
              self.run()
              File "/usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
              self.run()
              self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 11, in fun
              self.run()
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 11, in fun
              self.run()
              pipe.send(f(x))
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 97, in command_star
              return(command(*args))
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 110, in shell_command
              raise Error
              NameError: global name 'Error' is not defined
              pipe.send(f(x))
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 97, in command_star
              return(command(*args))
              File "/mnt/raid_galaxy/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs/parallel.py", line 110, in shell_command
              raise Error
              pipe.send(f(x))
              return(command(*args))
              return(command(*args))
              raise Error
              raise Error
              raise Error
              raise Error
              USAGE

DESCRIPTION

USAGE

DESCRIPTION

USAGE

DESCRIPTION

Process 8:
              self.run()
              USAGE

DESCRIPTION

Comment

Hi, this problem is related to running RPS-BLAST; I suppose you checked the option "Search conserved domain database" in the input form. Please try to run your analysis without selecting this option.
                (since RPS-BLAST analysis takes very long time and does not provide much additional information we are in the process of removing this step from the pipeline. The option remained in this old version of the input form but will be removed during the next upgrade).
                Please let me know if there is any other problem.
                Jiri

Comment

You can also try to run your analysis on our new server at https://galaxy-elixir.cerit-sc.cz/ There is a new version of Galaxy as well as our scripts available there.

Jiri

Comment

Calls: %dopar% -> <Anonymous>

Hi everyone,
                    when I run repeatExplorer with my short reads(100bp), I have come across the error message as below.

graph of cluster CL209 with 107 nodes, 246edges created
                    layout for cluster CL209 - calculation start at - 2016-12-20 16:01:53
                    ncol file for cluster CL213 loaded - 2016-12-20 16:01:53
                    ncol file converted to graph for cluster CL213 2016-12-20 16:01:53
                    graph of cluster CL213 with 105 nodes, 1419edges created
                    layout for cluster CL213 - calculation start at - 2016-12-20 16:01:53
                    Error in { : task 1 failed - "unused argument (verbose = FALSE)"
                    Execution halted
                    exit status:1

Does anyone know what is going on there?
                    my file format is good for input fasta, there is no character like '#' in my fasta file. thank you

Comment

repeat explorer bug

Hello,
                      when I run repeat explorer on my 100Mb short reads data(100bp), I have the error message as below:
                      Execution halted

does anyone know what is going on there. my fasta input file is totally good. it does not contain any character such as '#' in query names.

thank you all.

Comment

Hi, could you please specify if you run your analysis from a command line scripts or on a public Galaxy/RepeatExplorer web server ? In the latter case, please submit a bug report by clicking on a bug symbol in the history item which finished with error. This way we will be able to inspect parameters of your runs and find the problem.

Thanks, Jiri Macas

Originally posted by zhou77 View Post
                        Hello,
                        when I run repeat explorer on my 100Mb short reads data(100bp), I have the error message as below:
                        Execution halted

does anyone know what is going on there. my fasta input file is totally good. it does not contain any character such as '#' in query names.

thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by jimacas View Post
                          Hi, could you please specify if you run your analysis from a command line scripts or on a public Galaxy/RepeatExplorer web server ? In the latter case, please submit a bug report by clicking on a bug symbol in the history item which finished with error. This way we will be able to inspect parameters of your runs and find the problem.

Thanks, Jiri Macas
                          Hi Jiri,
                          thank you for your reply so quick. I used the command line and my script is

python /usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/seqclust_cmd.py -s A_S_clean.fa -f 4 -v ./TEST_1_1 -c 10

I just used the default parameter. the input reads is all 100 bp

below is the seqclust.log
                          input parameters:
                          WD=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/umbr_programs/seqclust/programs
                          DATA=/lustre1/hz09961/angiosperms/TEST_REPEATEXPLORER/A_S_clean.fa
                          STARTDIR=/lustre1/hz09961/angiosperms/TEST_REPEATEXPLORER/TEST_1
                          PROC=48
                          OVL=40
                          CAPARGS='-o 40 -p 80'
                          MINCL=105
                          BLASTGR=1000
                          MINRD=5
                          CODE=seqClust
                          CONFIGFILE=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/config.sh
                          BASEDIR=/lustre1/hz09961/angiosperms/TEST_REPEATEXPLORER/TEST_1/seqClust
                          PAIREDREADS=false
                          MGBLAST_OVERLAP=55

CONFIGFILE content:
                          GALAXY_DIR=/mnt/raid/users/petr/galaxy-dist # this variable is not neccessary for command line version
                          # USE ABSOLUTE PATHS

# directory with RepeatMAsker installation
                          export REPEAT_MASKER=/usr/local/apps/repeatmasker/4.0.5_perl_threaded/RepeatMasker # set according your local installation, if RepeatMasker is in path you comment the line out
                          # Conserved domain database files :location:
                          export RPSBLAST_DATABASE=/db/ncbiblast/cdd/latest/cdd # set according your local installation
                          export RPSBLAST_DATABASE_ANNOTATION=/db/ncbiblast/cdd/latest/cddid_all.tbl # set according your local installation

export PATH=/usr/local/apps/parallel/20150622/src:$PATH
                          #PATH=${ROOT}/parallel/src:$PATH
                          #export PATH
                          export TGICL=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/tgicl_linux
                          # directory with louvain clustering exacutables:
                          export PROG_COMMUNITY=${ROOT}/louvain # make sure that you have compiled source using make!
                          export OGDF=${ROOT}/OGDF/runOGDFlayout
                          export JSLIB=$ROOT/umbr_programs/interactive_graph/js # DO NOT MODIFY
                          export DOMAINDATABASE=$ROOT/tool-data/domains/TE_domains_newest.fasta # DO NOT MODIFY!
                          export DOMAIN_TYPES=$ROOT/tool-data/domains/classification_newest.csv # DO NOT MODIFY!
                          export DATABASE_PBS=${ROOT}/tool-data/tRNA/tRNAs_arabidopsis_unique # DO NOT MODIFY!
                          export MIN_MINCL=20 #limit for minimal size of the MINCL, DO NOT MODIFY
                          export MAXEDGES=350000000 # which can be processed with 16G RAM, depends on computer memory and is used to determine maximal amount of data which could be process DO NOT MODIFY
                          export MAXEDGES_FOR_LAYOUT=25000000 # adjusted down for fmmm layout
                          export MAXNODES_FOR_LAYOUT=50000
                          export PROC_LAYOUT=4
                          # recommendations 16G RAM then MAXEDGES~341576829

TGICL=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/tgicl_linux
                          PROG_COMMUNITY=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/louvain
                          DOMAINDATABASE=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/tool-data/domains/TE_domains_newest.fasta
                          DOMAIN_TYPES=/usr/local/apps/repeatexplore/052015/tool-data/domains/classification_newest.csv
                          REPEAT_MASKER=/usr/local/apps/repeatmasker/4.0.5_perl_threaded/RepeatMasker

Comment

Hi Jiri,
                            I have a query regarding Repeatexplorer pipeline at Galaxy. I'm working on data analysis of my run and finding it very difficult to summarize repeat composition owing to massive data. Can you please guide me where can i find a compiled information regarding repeats. I have read somewhere and also seen that automatic classification system in not available in the public RE.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi, we have a testing version of the automated repeat classification running on our new RepeatExplorer server at https://repeatexplorer-elixir.cerit-sc.cz/ , so you can give it a try. We suggest users to move to this server anyway as it offers more computational and storage resources (and the old one will be discontinued in the future).
                              In the case of repeat quantification using older version of the pipeline, you should try to annotate repeats in the top clusters (the largest clusters listed in the summary HTML file) and then calculate proportions of different repeat types by summarizing read counts over the clusters annotated as the same type of repeat (these read counds can be found in the file seqClust/clustering/ncolInfo.txt in the analysis output archive - "Archive with clustering results.." in the Galaxy history).
                              Please note that we organize a practical workshop on repeat identification and annotation using RE (usually in May), the link is here: http://w3lamc.umbr.cas.cz/repeatexplorer/?page_id=14 . There are some talks from the course available here: http://w3lamc.umbr.cas.cz/repeatexplorer/?page_id=125

Best, Jiri

Originally posted by Heena_2002 View Post
                              Hi Jiri,
                              I have a query regarding Repeatexplorer pipeline at Galaxy. I'm working on data analysis of my run and finding it very difficult to summarize repeat composition owing to massive data. Can you please guide me where can i find a compiled information regarding repeats. I have read somewhere and also seen that automatic classification system in not available in the public RE.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Jiri,
                                As suggested by you i was trying to run my analysis at the new RepeatExplorer server at https://repeatexplorer-elixir.cerit-sc.cz/. I have uploaded a 9Gb fastq file at the site through ftp server. However, the file is taking too long to move from the ftp directory to my history pane (it already ran for 2 days but the job is still running!). I have tried to contact the server administrator but it is also not working. Is it because the server is down or some other technical problem. As i remember the last time i ran RepeatExplorer at the galaxy it worked fine.

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks!

Best,
                                Heena

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses