SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DGE using stranded and unstranded Illumina libraries Sentinel156 RNA Sequencing 1 03-22-2016 09:43 AM
Illumina paired-end reads strand detection imang Illumina/Solexa 3 07-11-2013 03:45 PM
strand-specificity in paired-end data arabidopsis Bioinformatics 6 05-30-2012 08:29 AM
How to infer Illumina paired-end strand specificity from SAM output? David Harmin Bioinformatics 0 02-16-2011 09:34 AM

Old 10-10-2017, 04:31 AM   #1
pole_sana

Default strand specificity of stranded illumina paired-end libraries

Hello

I recently analysed stranded illumina trueseq paired-end RNA-seq data. My data is 1+-,1-+,2++,2--, meaning the second_in_pair should correspond to the original strand of the fragment.

What I observe there is that the majority (~90%) of fragments seem to origin from the expected strand (the one with the annotated gene. But a minority (~10%) are assigned to the opposite strand. I am very positive that this is not true anitsense transcription since the coverage follows the same coverage pattern which nicely fits the exon-intron annotation.

Therefore my questions:
+ have some of you experienced similar issues?
+ what is the expected strand information specificity of a stranded illumina trueseq paired-end RNA-seq?
+ does someone know how this antisense shadow are introduced during library perp?
+ is someone aware of resources where such issues are discussed?

any help/suggestions/comments are highly welcomed.
thanks in advance
pole_sana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illumina, paired-end, rna-seq, stranded library prep