Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • yumpe
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2020
    • 4

    #1

    Availability of RNA-seq technical replicates

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for RNA-seq datasets (from any of the popular short-read platforms) that contains more than two technical replicates per sample. I specifically need read counts, not normalized data, also preferably poly-A enriched RNA but I could use anything, and any organism will do. I can find plenty of read count data from duplicate technical replicates, but I'm looking for data with at least 3, but preferably as large number of technical replicates as possible. I wonder if anyone really dug into the reproducibility or RNA-seq in their hands and did 10 technical replicates from a given sample? Sorry, RNA-seq beginner here and don't know the field that well, so any and alll replies will be helpful.

    Thank you!
    -yumpe
  • GenoMax
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 7142

    #2
    No one does technical replicates since they don't add any value to the datasets. Are you looking for "biological" replicates?

    Comment

    • yumpe
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2020
      • 4

      #3
      As it said in my original post, I'm looking for "technical" replicates.
      Maybe I am one of the few people interested in the technical variability of a technique.
      Still am, and grateful for any pointers.
      Thanks!
      Last edited by yumpe; 09-15-2020, 12:58 PM.
      -yumpe

      Comment

      • GenoMax
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 7142

        #4
        You will need to look around to find such data. A library run on multiple lanes (which would be technical replicates) may just be concatenated into a single file for analysis and may not be reported specifically in papers.

        I found this paper (which is not for RNAseq) but does contain technical replicates.

        Comment

        • yumpe
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2020
          • 4

          #5
          Thanks GenoMax, appreciate your help.
          I'm specifically looking for RNA-seq data.
          I'll keep looking!
          -yumpe

          Comment

          • cmbetts
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 120

            #6
            You might try to look at some of the method/kit comparison papers, or a paper describing a new library prep method. They often compare inter and intra assay performance of replicate inputs, usually Universal Human Reference RNA.

            You'll likely only find older papers using technical replicates. The outcome of the early characterization experiments was that technical replicates are unnecessary, especially in comparison to the added value of biological replicates. They're essentially an elaborate way to burn money, but I'm sure Illumina would love you if you find an argument for them...

            Comment

            • yumpe
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2020
              • 4

              #7
              Hi cmbetts,

              My only interest is academic, trying to understand the variability of RNA-seq workflows as well as I can.

              Best,
              -yumpe

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
              0 responses
              13 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              37 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              28 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              48 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...