SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiplex adapters and indexes for Illumina HiSeq arg Sample Prep / Library Generation 18 10-07-2013 02:53 AM
Process to remove primers, adapters, etc. from Illumina data LizBent Bioinformatics 6 05-14-2012 04:08 AM
Length of P5 and P7 adapters from Illumina Gina_P Illumina/Solexa 1 01-12-2012 12:17 PM
adapters avatar10 General 2 12-02-2010 05:04 AM
Ligase for DIY GAII library preps nickb Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 03-05-2010 10:36 AM

Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
ZAAB

Default DIY illumina adapters

Hi All:
Trying to determine whether I can get away with making my own adapters for the HiSEQ 2000.
I've got a library of small DNA (125nt) fragments, and would like to sample the diversity of this library pre- and post-selections.

I get it that there is that funky fork with a Phosphorothioate Bond...and that the Tm of the sequencing primer is in the high 70s. Has anyone built their own adapters, or should I just buy the genomic DNA prep kit...?

Also, I am not compiling huge contigs, but rather, assessing the diversity of the library through selections...what, other than the QC descriptions, do I need to assess this diversity? Can someone point me towards the PERL scripts that would process these data into counted bins of reads?
ZAAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, counting, hiseq, illumina, individual