SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ion Torrent Sequencing qnc General 6 06-19-2014 11:57 PM
Ion Torrent Library Prep fully automated on SPRIworks SPRI-TE system Ber7702 Vendor Forum 5 03-19-2012 05:46 AM
SOLiD library on Ion Torrent GenomicIBK Ion Torrent 3 11-17-2011 03:39 AM
Ion Torrent - Fragment Library Construction eca Ion Torrent 1 10-10-2011 02:35 AM
Encore NGS Library Systems for Ion Torrent from NuGEN Technologies NuGEN Vendor Forum 0 09-20-2011 12:50 PM

Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
cwachtel

Default converting Ion torrent library for sequencing on HiSeq

Hi everyone?

Does anyone have experience preparing a library with the Ion torrent kits and then converting them to run on a Hiseq. For example, I would like to use my Ion torrent as a fast cheap way to asses the quality of my library but then run it on a HiSeq.

Thanks!
cwachtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
frozenlyse

Sounds like someone needs a MiSeq instead of an Ion Torrent.
frozenlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
krobison

You are doing things backwards from how this is usually envisioned; make your library on for the HiSeq & then convert a sample to IonTorrent.

I think IT has a kit for this, but if not you would just need to design an IT amplicon fusion primer with the constant Illumina adapter sequences as your targeting sequences.
krobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
pmiguel

I saw a protocol for removing adapters from library molecules. Slips my mind where. You denature your library molecules, swamp with primers complementary to your adapters allowing a limited time to anneal. Use a ds nucleases to degrade away the most quickly hybridizing segments. Clean up then ligate on new adapters.

I think this will be much less efficient than a "fusion primer" method. But going from another amplicon type to HiSeq is problematic without removing the old primers. Illumina sequencers do not handle all amplicons starting with the same sequence well. But if you don't mind losing the first X bases of your sequence to your old adapter sequence, and your libraries are indexed, you could mix your fusion library with another library--in the same lane.

Finally, I believe it is possible to use "custom" primer for HiSeq sequencing. So you could go the fusion primer route, but then sequence with the IT sequencing primer. Not something I have ever done, but I am new to the Illumina arena...

--
Phillip
pmiguel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hiseq, ion torrent, library preparation