SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plotting ChIP-seq read profiles relative to genomic features Gilman85 Bioinformatics 7 12-07-2012 10:45 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Array: combinatory analysis of ChIP-seq/chip and microarray gene expre Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-19-2011 03:50 AM
ChIP-Seq: seqMINER: an integrated ChIP-seq data interpretation platform. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-24-2010 04:53 AM
seqMINER: An integrated ChIP-seq data interpretation platform krebs Bioinformatics 2 08-16-2010 06:08 AM
distance measure to compare peak set profiles in chip-seq datasets avilella Bioinformatics 0 03-18-2010 03:01 AM

Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
sbrohee

Default visualisation of chip-seq profiles ... seqminer?

Dear chip-seq experts ,

My boss would like to have fancy chip-seq profiles (reads arounds TSS) for ... yesterday!
I am quite new to the chip-seq world and I was already very happy to have extracted peaks from his data.

Would you know a tool that allows an easy peak visualization starting from the bowtie alignement files? I read that seqminer was able to perform this kind of task but was unable to use it.

After having loaded my bowtie file, I get an error : "you haven't chosen a peak reference" and I am quite lost!

I don't absolutely want to use seqminer and I'm not reluctant to use R or another tool that could be more appropriate.

So, if you get an idea, please, give me a hint. To my opinion, it should not be that difficult, isn't it?

Thank you all for your help,

Sylvain
sbrohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
artsinyc

Hi Sylvain,
You may want to try our tool for peak profiles and heatmaps:
http://code.google.com/p/ibm-cbc-genomic-tools/
The issue with this kind of visual representations is that every case seems to be different, because everybody wants slight variations of the same thing :-) Anyway, try out our tool if you like (make sure you download the latest version), and let me know if you have questions!
Ari
artsinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
sbrohee

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your proposition, I'll try your tool!

However, as I did not get any answer in the beginning, I decided to implement my own tool myself (very simple, in fact). I don't know if I'll make it available publicly cause the code is pretty ugly (mix of R and Perl) but the idea is to give a GTF and a WIG file as input, to specify a gene, and it produces the kind of output in attachment.

Of course, if my tool interests someone, I'll be more than happy to share the (awful code)

Cheers,

Sylvain
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gata4.pdf (27.9 KB, 117 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
sbrohee

Dear all,

I just finished the web implementation of my small visualization tool for binding profiles.

Interested users can test it on http://rsat.ulb.ac.be/~sylvain/binding_profiles/binding_profiles_form.php]this adress

Any feedback is welcome, of course!

Sylvain

Last edited by sbrohee; 10-30-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
sbrohee

Dear all,

My tool, called D-peaks, has just been published in Transcription. I think I can now close the subject.

La boucle est bouclée.

Tags
chip-seq, seqminer, visualization