SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Metagenomics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: PASSion: A Pattern Growth Algorithm Based Pipeline for Splice Junction Detec Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 01-06-2012 04:40 AM
PubMed: Anatomy of a hash-based long read sequence mapping algorithm for next generat Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 04-08-2011 01:10 AM
ChIP-Seq: HPeak: an HMM-based algorithm for defining read-enriched regions in ChIP-Se Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-06-2010 02:00 AM
Newbler --- classify many reads as Repeat NSTbioinformatics 454 Pyrosequencing 2 06-10-2010 03:43 AM
function/abundance prediction from reads thedude Metagenomics 3 05-14-2009 10:23 PM

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
whfwind

Default MetaCV: a composition-based algorithm to classify metagenomic reads and function

We have developed a tool MetaCV to classify the very short metagenomic reads into specific taxonomic and functional groups.
Comparing to previous methods, there are some advantages:
1, Even faster and more accuracy than before methods, even for ~500 Gb Meta-Hit data, only take 2 days to classify and characterize this metagenomic data.
2, Except obtaining taxonomic information, it also provided functional enrichment of identified microorganisms.
3, Easy to use, the tool can download from
http://metacv.sourceforge.net/
there are also some sample data for simulation.
whfwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
boetsie

Hi whfwind,

nice piece of tool, really like the output! I was wondering if you did a comparison with other tools, are you planning for a publication? Also, could I use this tool for 16s databases (e.g. RDP?) and obtain similar plots like the one I obtained with the testdataset? I've tried to make a database myself, but then I was missing some files like the *.ko2path and *.anno2inf.

Regards,
Boetsie
boetsie is offline   Reply With Quote