SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EdgeR GLM linear regression of time series bsuac6 Bioinformatics 3 03-28-2013 03:50 PM
GATK: -glm DINDEL question Michael.James.Clark Bioinformatics 36 04-25-2012 12:39 PM
GLM in DESeq SMcTaggart Bioinformatics 3 12-11-2011 12:02 AM
question about glm in R tujchl Bioinformatics 3 11-28-2011 01:25 AM
BaySeq vs GLM in EdgeR and DESeq Hilary April Smith Bioinformatics 0 08-03-2011 11:14 AM

Old 04-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
nnn

Default edgeR - Run GLM on only one gene

I would like to use edgeR's GLM functionality to determine the influence of several factors on a gene's expression levels. For performance reasons I would like to estimate the dispersion using the entire count table, but then determine the fit just for the gene I am interested in.

Is there any way to do this, i.e. call glmFit() on just one row of the table? I already tried to create a new CDS for just the gene and copy over the dispersion from the full CDS, but that does not seem to work.
nnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Gordon Smyth

If 'y' is your full DGEList object, with common or tagwise dispersions already estimated, you can simply use:

fit <- glmFit(y[i,], design)

where 'i' is any subset of genes you want, even a single gene. The dispersions are automatically subsetted for you.

Note that edgeR is a Bioconductor package, so you can get answers quickly by posting them to the Bioconductor mailing list.

Gordon
Gordon Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edger