Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4C-seq with Truseq adapters on Nextseq500 problem

I tried to do some 4C sequencing pilots on Nextseq500 platform. I've used these primers to finally amplify my library before sequencing:

AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAACACTCTTTCCCTACACGACGCTCTTCCGATCT | Truseq Reading adapter
    CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGA | Non-reading adapter

these sequences are used by many people to do 4C libraries compatible with illumina.

amplification went well, qPCR test went OK (sequences necessary for cluster generation and sequencing primer is there), we size selected the library to remove all above 700bp...

Problem is that the run failed twice, with no clusters detected. Machine is OK, all runs before and after these samples were OK. technicians are very experienced, last months there were no runs failing due to their mistakes so expecting that they did something stupid just for these 2 runs is not very probable. PhiX spike in worked...

Can someone have a hint what went wrong?

The NextSeq uses PE adapters on their flow cells. What you have listed are the older SR/Solexa adapters which only work on SR flow cells on the GA and HiSeq. You will need to modify your primers to include the PE adapter sequences before it can be sequenced on a NextSeq or MiSeq.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Indeed it makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Asashoryu View Post
        Thanks for the reply! Indeed it makes sense now.

Hello!

I have been working on the same sort of experiments, first running on a GAIIx using the same PE adapters you mentioned for my 4C library prep worked well. Then we wanted to do our next runs on a NextSeq 500 but totally failed. I'd like to ask you, where you able to succeed using the new PE adapter sequences for the NextSeq? If so, would you mind sharing those sequences or where can I find them?
        Good luck!

Comment

Hello,

since I had the libraries ready, I sequenced them on HiSeq where they worked perfectly.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Asashoryu View Post
            Hello,

since I had the libraries ready, I sequenced them on HiSeq where they worked perfectly.

M
            Okay, Thanks for your answer!

M

Comment

Hi,

I'm having the same problems! I'm trying to sequence a 4C library on a NextSeq with the same adapter sequences you mentioned (the TruSeq adaptors) but the run failed. How can I modify the adaptor sequence to work on a NextSeq? And if I stick with the TruSeq sequence, will my library be sequenced on a HiSeq or GAIIx?

Comment

4C on nextseq500

Originally posted by kcchan View Post
                The NextSeq uses PE adapters on their flow cells. What you have listed are the older SR/Solexa adapters which only work on SR flow cells on the GA and HiSeq. You will need to modify your primers to include the PE adapter sequences before it can be sequenced on a NextSeq or MiSeq.
                I am trying sequence 4C libraries using Nextseq500 or Miseq. Where can I get information about PE primers which should be used especially for Nextseq500 or Miseq?
                Is there anyone who sequenced 4C libraries using Nextseq500 or Miseq?

Thank you

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses