No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mRNA seq, very low clusters

Hi-,

I recently run an mRNA sequence using Illumina GAII following the instructions in the product manuals for all steps. It turned out that the clusters we got was very low (65K~180K) and so was the sequence reads. I am trying to figure out what might be the reasons that have caused this. So I am turning to your expertise and suggestions...Here are some of the information for our sequence:
    • Total RNA from frozen human tissue (3-6 ug used)
    • RIN for RNA are 5.3-7.3
    • Library size 230-260bp quantified using Bioanalyzer 2100
    • Illumina mRNA-Seq Prep Kit
    • Illumina 36 Cycle Sequencing Kit v4
    • Illumina single-read cluster generation kit v4

Thank you.

cub

How much library did you load for cluster generation and how did you quantify it?

Is the sequence quality any good? If the quality is good you just did not load enough library.

Comment

The library was quantified using Agilent Bioanalyzer with DNA 1000 and we loaded 8 pM as specified by the protocol.

The sequence quality looks pretty good.

So if the loaded libraray was not engouh, how do I estimate how much more do I need to load for the repeat run?

Thank you.

Comment

You should try to check the quantity by qPCR if you can or in the future the Bioanalyzer can lie about pM.

You now know however how much what you that was 8pM gives you in terms of cluster density so you can just multiply till you get the desired amount.

Comment

PCR primers

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Here I founda set of PCR primers for quantifing my cDNA library using qPCR, do not know if they the right ones or not?

S: ATG ATA CGG CGA CCA CCG AG
          A: CAA GCA GAA GAC GGC ATA CGA G

Thanks.

Comment

Most people follow the attached Illumina protocol or use the Kapa kits. The Kapa kits work very very well for mRNA-seq libraries. There might be a newer version of the Illumina protocol I just stick with the Kapa kits.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
              0 responses