No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend soft for GO enrichment & results visualization

Hi~everyone
    I'm doing some transcriptome work,already have a bunch of transcript ID and corresponding GO IDs.
    Now I need statistical information for GO categories and want to visualized some results for my paper. But these genes came from a rare species,most GO soft only support several limited species;and to make it worse, the ID list was too long for most web-based GO tools.
    I already tried: DAVID,BiNGO,REViGO,GiTools,some Cytoscape plugins,et al.All Failed because of reasons above. Then ran blast2go, it will take such a long time for mapping.Although I got GO IDs,but b2g don't take them as input,only take blast results...Faint!
    Could anybody give me a clue? Soft/package to take genes name/GO_IDs as input, and export some visualized results(even do categories count will be accepted) will be fine!
    Thank you! and I'am glad to share any information with you~
    Last edited by SOLiDance; 03-13-2012, 04:37 AM.

GOrilla is good. Paste in a list of genes (or two lists) and get back overrepresented terms and a clickable DAG, color coded by significance. It also allows export to REViGO but I still don't see the utility of REViGO for understanding biology.

Comment

Originally posted by turnersd View Post
      GOrilla is good. Paste in a list of genes (or two lists) and get back overrepresented terms and a clickable DAG, color coded by significance. It also allows export to REViGO but I still don't see the utility of REViGO for understanding biology.
      Are you sure about this?
      I'm sorry,but I just took a look at this website. The first step of Gorilla is to choose organism from 8 provided ones, of course mine is not there yet~
      and also it's web-based~
      Or maybe could you show me how to modify the workflow to work for me ? thank you!

Comment

What is your organism?

Comment

some kind of fish,similar to pufferfish(fugu)

Comment

So do you even have an annotated genome?

Its also unclear to me what your specific goal is here. Are you doing a denovo transcriptome and simply trying to discover whats there? Are you doing differential expression and now want to find enrichment in your differentially expressed genes? Clarify the specific endgoals and that will aid in finding the right tool.
            Last edited by chadn737; 03-13-2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLiDance View Post
              ... Then ran blast2go, it will take such a long time for mapping.Although I got GO IDs,but b2g don't take them as input,only take blast results...Faint!
              Do you have access to a computer cluster? There are two steps to running Blast2GO, first BLAST which can be done on a cluster and is easy to parallelise, second mapping BLAST matches to GO terms done via database lookups. That can be sped up a lot by installing a local Blast2GO database instead of querying the public database in Spain. This is quite complicated though. We've been looking at Blast2GO via Galaxy as one option - see my Blast2GO for pipelines (b2g4pipe) in the Galaxy Tool Shed entry for details.

Note Blast2GO are offering some sort of premium service for a price nowadays.

Comment

No,don't have annotated genome.But we believed it's genome was quite similar with Takifugu rubripes(puffer).
                And,these transcripts are differentially expressed ones which I found after diff_exp check step.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
                  Do you have access to a computer cluster? There are two steps to running Blast2GO, first BLAST which can be done on a cluster and is easy to parallelise, second mapping BLAST matches to GO terms done via database lookups. That can be sped up a lot by installing a local Blast2GO database instead of querying the public database in Spain. This is quite complicated though. We've been looking at Blast2GO via Galaxy as one option - see my Blast2GO for pipelines (b2g4pipe) in the Galaxy Tool Shed entry for details.

Note Blast2GO are offering some sort of premium service for a price nowadays.
                  Thank u~ yeah,I though blast+ won't need much compute resource,so ran on A 4-threads i5 cpu+8G RAM. Fortunately,I do have account to a cluster. Thanks for your help ~

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses