No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagmentation DNA Buffer (TD)

Hey folks,

This seems a slim chance, but here goes: Does anyone have a recipe for the DNA Tagmentation Buffer that comes with Nextera DNA Sample Preparation Kit? We've found it helpful to wash our sample for ATAC-Seq samples with the buffer prior to Tagmentation, but the kit only comes with so much extra buffer....

Try the recipe in this link?

Comment

Many thanks, this looks great. I'll update the thread with progress.

Comment

someone has used the recipe of this item?
        Does it work well?

Comment

Works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dagarfield View Post
            Works just fine.
            How does your ATAC-Seq data look? We're also beginning to dabble with it a bit in our lab and was wondering if you have any other optimizations.

Comment

It seems to work just fine: If you can see your post-PCR product on a gel, you'll have a fine library (in our experience). Some of the runs have more mtDNA reads than you would expect from, say, DNase-Seq, but this is something many have reported (and is seen in the data from the original paper).

In our experience, the most significant issue is simply making sure that we don't lose our pellet of cells/nuclei during the process.

I should note that we're only using the buffer recipe you linked to wash the cells. The reaction itself still takes place in the commercial buffer. Probably going to stay that way unless someone has a method for making Tn5 independent of the kit.....

Comment

Originally posted by dagarfield View Post
                Works just fine.
                Many thanks, We´ll try

Comment

hello friends,

I am planning setup ATAC-seq in our lab. Can any one send me the complete protocol.

Comment

Hi dagarfield,

What transposase are you doing the ATAC-seq with? Are you using the Nextera DNA Sample prep kit or ordering the EZ Tn5 through epicentre?

Comment

Whoops, saw that you're using the Nextera kit. I can't read apparently.
                      Have you tried using the Tn5 transposase through Epicentera without ordering the Nextera kit and does this work for ATAC-seq?

Comment

Originally posted by acidcoated View Post
                        Whoops, saw that you're using the Nextera kit. I can't read apparently.
                        Have you tried using the Tn5 transposase through Epicentera without ordering the Nextera kit and does this work for ATAC-seq?
                        I am also interested if anyone has used epicenters ez-tn5 to load custom oligos for ATAC-seq rather than what is found in the nextera kit.
                        Thanks for any input!

Comment

Hi all,
                          I'm starting with ATAC seq and would like to know if the time of incubation for Tn5 (from Nextera Kit) is relevant to have different DNA fragments in size. I was considering to do in 30 min at 37°C.
                          thanks in advance to all

Comment

Originally posted by overclara View Post
                            Hi all,
                            I'm starting with ATAC seq and would like to know if the time of incubation for Tn5 (from Nextera Kit) is relevant to have different DNA fragments in size. I was considering to do in 30 min at 37°C.
                            thanks in advance to all
                            I guess the reason they do tagmentation at 37°C and not 55°C like in the Nextera protocol is just to prevent the loss (removal) of nucleosomes from the DNA. If you want to change the size distribution you have either to change the amount of transposase used (less = longer fragments and viceversa) and/or the amount of DNA.
                            I haven´t tried with the ATC protocol but if you do tagmentation with the Nextera there is no difference in the avg size of the fragments when incubating the DNA at 55°C for 5, 10 or 15 mins, which probably means that the tagmentation reaction was driven to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by bjthomas View Post
                              I am also interested if anyone has used epicenters ez-tn5 to load custom oligos for ATAC-seq rather than what is found in the nextera kit.
                              Thanks for any input!

We've not yet tried this, but I'm considering it -- it sure would be nice to barcode during the Tagmentation step rather than the PCR step....if someone tries this, there's a beer in it for you at the next meeting.....

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses