SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Metagenomics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MEGAN5 license and command line doublealice Bioinformatics 0 09-07-2015 07:26 AM
MEGAN5: parsing problem? Letia Bioinformatics 1 09-04-2015 07:05 AM
megan5:Parse error: java.util.NoSuchElementException vinumanikandan Bioinformatics 0 02-25-2015 10:23 PM

Old 03-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #1
shawpa

Default modify megan5 taxonomy paths output

I was using the "path" export option in megan5 to output the full taxonomy of some bacterial sequencing reads. The issue that I am having with this export option is that the number of fields is not equal. For example 1 line contains 9 columns and another might contain only 7 columns:

Bacteria;Actinobacteria<phylum>;Actinobacteria;Actinobacteridae;Actinomycetales;Propionibacterineae;Propionibacteriaceae;Propionibacterium;Propionibacterium acnes

Bacteria; Proteobacteria; Betaproteobacteria; Burkholderiales; Comamonadaceae; Delftia;Delftia sp. Cs1-4

The program is just outputting the information from NCBI and some bacteria have class ,subclass, order, suborder, family and subfamily. Where others might only have the fields class, order, family. Eventually I would like to compare about 400 samples on different levels (order, family etc.) but I am not going to be able to parse the file by just pulling out a certain column for the entire file because it might vary per line. I am wondering if there is an output option in megan5 that would limit these levels.

Thank you
shawpa is offline   Reply With Quote