No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity RSEM Bowtie2 align_and_estimate_abundance script error

Hello!
    I'm running a RNA-Seq differential gene expression pipeline analysis. I previously filtered my input sequences, then de-novo assembled my transcriptome through Trinity, and now, through a Trinity-provided script, I'm trying to evaluate and estimate transcript abundances through the different samples. This way, I'll be able to use the resulting data to run a differential gene expression analysis, through a R package (EBSEQ) as a part of the RSEM suite.

I got to the point I'm running the align_and_estimate_abundance.pl script provided by Trinity, with the following parameters:

home/genomica/DATA/Software/Trinity/trinityrnaseq-2.8.5/util/align_and_estimate_abundance.pl --transcripts /home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/denovo_trinity_denovo_filtered_dump_completo/Trinity.fasta --seqType fq --single --/home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq --thread_count 60 --est_method RSEM --aln_method bowtie2 --trinity_mode --debug --output_dir /home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/denovo_trinity_denovo_filtered_dump_completo/ --prep_reference

where Trinity.fasta is my de-novo assembled transcriptome

and DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq one of the libraries used to assemble it (just running the script on one file for now)

Am I doing anything wrong?

I get this debug message after the script creates several files you can see below:

CMD: set -o pipefail && bowtie2 --no-mixed --no-discordant --gbar 1000 --end-to-end -k 200 -q -x //home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/denovo_trinity_denovo_filtered_dump_completo/Trinity.fasta.bowtie2 -U //--/home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq -p 60 | samtools view -@ 60 -F 4 -S -b | samtools sort -@ 60 -n -o bowtie2.bam
    stat: No such file or directory
    Warning: Could not open read file "//--/home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq" for reading; skipping...
    Error: No input read files were valid
    (ERR): bowtie2-align exited with value 1
    Error, cmd: set -o pipefail && bowtie2 --no-mixed --no-discordant --gbar 1000 --end-to-end -k 200 -q -x //home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/denovo_trinity_denovo_filtered_dump_completo/Trinity.fasta.bowtie2 -U //--/home/genomica/DATA/Lattuga/DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq -p 60 | samtools view -@ 60 -F 4 -S -b | samtools sort -@ 60 -n -o bowtie2.bam died with ret: 256 at home/genomica/DATA/Software/Trinity/trinityrnaseq-2.8.5/util/align_and_estimate_abundance.pl line 733.

Something seems to be wrong with a Trinity.fasta.bowtie2 that the script can't find (there is one in the working directly but it seems to be set in different parts)

The file DRR057059_1_clipped.fastq is a legit file, used previously to assemble the transcriptome, why shouldn't it be able to open it?
    Maybe it's something about the synthax?)

(I don't think it's about the path, I had set the bowtie2 path correctly previously)

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm stuck here, and it could be something basic I'm missing.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses