No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem to display wig files on UCSC.

Hello everyone,

Since the arrival of TopHat2 I completely abandoned the use of TopHat1. The problem is that the "Wiggles" tool of TopHat does not exist for TopHat2. (In addition, the Wiggles tool was very slow). So I use IGVtools count, now, to generate my wig files. The problem is that the wig files are displayed in the IGV tool but not in the UCSC genome browser. Yet I have no error when uploading wig files in UCSC. But the data does not appear, the frame corresponding to the file remains empty. I can not find solutions to my problem.

Wig file I use :

track type=wiggle_0 name="sample_name" description="description" visibility=full alwaysZero=on windowingFunction=maximum
    variableStep chrom=chr1 span=10
    14371 1.8
    14381 2
    14391 2
    14401 2
    14411 1.8
    14891 1
    14901 1.6
    14911 3.7
    14921 5.1
    14931 5.8
    14941 5
    14951 4.4
    variableStep chrom=chr10 span=10
    96331 1
    96341 1
    96351 1
    96361 1
    97191 1
    97201 1
    97211 1.5
    97221 2
    97231 2
    97241 1
    97251 1
    97341 2
    97351 2.9
    Someone used IGVtools to generate these wig files? You encounter this problem?

And if not, what tool you used to generate wig file for RNA-seq data?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Originally posted by velt View Post
    Yet I have no error when uploading wig files in UCSC. But the data does not appear, the frame corresponding to the file remains empty. I can not find solutions to my problem.
    I think this means your upload is timing out. If your file take too long to upload and/or is over 500MB you'll have to convert it to bigwig and put it on a server. In my experience if you're over 500MB you'll get an error message but if it's taking too long you just get the blank screen with no error.

Comment

Thank you for your reply !
      This is not a timeout problem. Indeed, my file weighs only 300 MB.
      And even when I split into four equal sized files, and I want to upload these files to UCSC, I have no error and data not be displayed.

Comment

How long are the files uploading for before you get the error/blank screen? 300MB should be fine as long as your upload speed is fast enough to upload within the required time limit (which is a few minutes I think).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses