Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwa sampe problem

I have been successfully using bwa to align my reads to indexed build36.3 human genome using the "bwa aln" command for 33 lanes of paired and data. The only options I am using are -t for multi-threading and -l 32 for the long reads up to 71bp.

However the "bwa sampe" command with all default options is not working.
    I ran for a specific lane read1.sai and read2.sai with 5 million reads in the original fastq files, respectively.
    Ran bwa sampe command for 36 hours after which I killed the process on my 8 quad core unix cluster with 64 Gigs of RAM memory because the .sam file was still empty, nothing written. Way too much time nothing to be written in there. Assumed something is not right with input files.

Anybody had similar experience?

I noticed that read1.sai file is larger in size than read2.sai 280Mb vs 250Mb.
    I assume this means that read2 had more bad reads than read1.sai, thus there are mapped reads in read1.sai that do not have mates mapping in the read2.sai.

Could this be the problem with "bwa sampe"?
    I ran each read.sai with "bwa samse" and worked great.
    Thanks for the help.

Same for me.

Solution anybody???

Comment

Can you give an example of your stderr output? My guess is it's hanging up on "align unmapped mates". If this is the case, check out this thread:

Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Thx for quick replay.

-s ( No SW-Alignment for unmapped reads ) flag and everything went well.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses