SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
input for DEseq2 differential expression and multi comparisons between samples safa RNA Sequencing 0 08-30-2017 07:03 AM
Multiple comparisons using DESeq2 johnU Bioinformatics 0 08-09-2017 01:16 PM
DESeq2 - Pairwise comparisons in multifactor experiments JakobW RNA Sequencing 0 01-25-2016 08:33 AM
Interested in metagenomics. AndrewRGross Introductions 0 09-18-2013 10:42 AM
Looking for an interested party brjordan General 0 09-20-2009 09:19 AM

Old 11-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
oliver.sacks

Default How can I specify DEseq2 to only perform comparisons on which I am interested with ?

Hello all,

I am currently performing a large RNA-seq analysis from mice PBMCs. The dataset contains around 6,000 transcriptomic profiles and I would like to use DESeq2 to identify the sets of differentially expressed genes in the different conditions. In total, I have 100 biological stimulations, and for each stimulation I have 30 control samples and 30 samples treated with a molecule of interests (so is have: (30 controls+30 treated) * 100 stimulations = 6,000 samples).

I want to identify, for each stimulation, the sets of differentially expressed genes between control samples and treated samples. I do not want to compare samples from the different stimulations. In total, I would like to have thus 100 lists of differentially expressed genes.

I have started to use deseq2 to identify these lists but deseq2 is spending lot of time to perform comparisons on which I am not interested with (comparisons between the biological stimulations).

For now, I have a table sampleTable which looks like that:

I am using DEseq2 using the following command:

Quote:
DESeqDataSetFromHTSeqCount(sampleTable = sampleTable, directory = directory, design= ~ condition)
Could you please help me with that? How can I specify to deseq2 to not perform the comparisons between the biological stimulations, but rather between control and treated sample within each stimulation ?

Thank you and best,
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (25.6 KB, 0 views)
oliver.sacks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deseq2, differential expression, rna-seq