• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bwa samse ../Mouse_genome.fa tags_all.sai tags_all.fastq > tags_all.sam

Comment

Originally posted by ikrier View Post
      bwa samse ../Mouse_genome.fa tags_all.sai tags_all.fastq > tags_all.sam
      What was your aln command? Are you running this on Illumina or SOLiD reads?

Comment

bwa aln ../Mouse_genome.fa tags_all.fastq > tags_all.sai

Comment

edition of BWA is concern

what's is your edition of BWA ?
          BWA is perfect for Solexa reads, but have some bug for Solid reads. the reads on mins strand have a complentary sequencse ,both single and pair-end reads are have this problem, from some edition of BWA.
          use 4.9 try again, it is stable for my result.

Originally posted by xgai View Post
          Thanks, Chipper. I have not been able to attach it for some reason.

Regarding the NGS exercise, I might have done something wrong at some step then. There wasn't any error or warning along the way, so there was no clue. I tried to post the same question on the samtools-help list. I am copying it below and see if it helps you see my question better. Thanks in advance.

Can someone provide me some pointers regarding SAM format in color space and correct ways to use samtools for processing such SAM files, especially for SNP and indel calling? I looked everywhere but could not find any documentations.

Specifically, as an exercise, here is what I did:

- Simulated some SOLiD reads using wgsim (-c option) from a reference sequence.
          - Generated the bwa index with the following command: bwa index -c ref.fa -a is
          - Align the reads (in fastq format) back to the reference sequence using bwa:
          bwa aln -c ref.fa r1.fq > r1.sai
          bwa samse ref.fa r1.sai r1.fq > r1.sam

And I ran the usual faidx, import, sort, index, and pileup commands of samtools and they went smoothly with no errors or warnings. I can view it with samtools tview. Nonetheless, the pileup file just does not make sense to me, as the consensus sequence is almost different to the reference sequence at every position. And, tview seems to be showing the reads still in color space (double encoded?), which is hard or impossible to interpret for me.

Comment

I'm removing my post here because it's not about Solid reads...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses