No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raindance ligation before fragmentation

Hello all,

I am doing a Raindance project. I tried NEB Quick Ligation™ Kit to concatenate the PCR products before fragmentation, but it doesn't seem to work very well for me. I still see some small PCR fragments after using the kit. Could someone share the information of what ligase might be better and the protocol? Thank you very much!

We used the same NEB kit, and had similar problems originally when we tested the ligation with some test samples. Hence we did several things to improve the reaction. We combined the triplicates of our PCR products to increase the DNA concentration per sample, let the ligation for 45 mins at 20C, and did a second ligation after the first one (by adding more T4 ligase and MgCl2 to the first ligation reaction). When we checked the size on the bioanalyzer, we got a big peak at about 7000bp. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you very much h2karen! I will try a second ligation. BTW, do you purify the PCR products again after ligation before sonication?

Comment

You're welcome glassfish, I hope it works for you. And yes I did a purification before shearing for library preparation.

Comment

I have been doing an end-repair and then ligation to ensure the ends were all completely blunt. This gives high molecular weight DNA after 15 minutes of ligation.

Comment

Thanks epistatic! I tried to use PNK and do ligation twice, but still the results are not great. I will try end-repair.

Comment

amplicon sequencing

Hello,
              I'm new to this technology and have some issues with understanding various aspects. Can anyone decode the following question for me please? (An answer would be even better!)
              How is non-redundancy handled with amplicon sequencing?
              Your help will be most appreciated
              Miroslav

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
                Yesterday, 07:01 AM
              • seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses