Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion Torrent 316 Chip Sale!!!! Brand New Unopened

sorry in advance for posting this here but i am selling some unopened 4packs of ion torrent 316 chips.

you can get yourself a pretty good deal: http://bit.ly/zKYiQZ

I have authorized this post and can vouch for this person...we'll see how it goes.

Comment

wow so all i was trying to do was get rid of a few extra unused chips we have.

instead, life technologies decided to pick on the little guy and notified ebay that i was violating IP and decided to block my listing

way to go life tech! i hope you get some positive PR from this:

"You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

250989857671 - Ion Torrent 316 Sequencing Chip - 4 Pack - BRAND NEW UNOPENED

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Life Technologies Corporation, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Members are not allowed to use images or text from another member's listings without that member's permission. Doing so may violate copyright laws. Images used on another website may also be protected by copyright law. You should not copy and use images from another website without first getting permission to use that content. We encourage members to take and use their own photographs.

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.We encourage you to contact Life Technologies Corporation directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: [email protected]"

Comment

HAHAHA Helping better human condition, democratizing sequencing, a sequencer in every Dr.'s office, The Ipod of sequencers... Hahaha Life Tech understands nothing of retail science and volume presence.

Then again, scientists get all getty at free TShirts and cheap trinkets when they get on the IT bus... All this crap has a price people ! That and seeing the stock go higher, that's the bottom line. I just think ILMN would simply not bother vs LT. Why ? Well because this lawyer cost more to the company that he brought in...

Anyone who bought a used cap sequencer knows exactly how LT deals with customers like you. Funny thing is, it's probably easier to go through e-bay than LT order desk (cough cough). No diss to LT by the way, business is business. We should never forget that.

I'm sorry but all this is funny...

Comment

BTW, I figured every NGS was being used 24-7 and poeple were fighting to get time on a PGM ? No ? The chips should have gone in less than an hour...

Comment

Agreed--i'm not really sure what life tech is thinking and another reason why i think it will lose the battle against illumina.

There was another post on this forum recently discussing the terms of service of life tech's ion torrent ampliseq technology and how anyone using ampliseq must provide all their data to life tech within 30 days of any request and how any publications must first be authorized by life tech...

Again, its only a matter of time before such hostility towards the customer comes back to haunt them

Comment

Wow. Just wow. LIFE never ceases to amaze.

I suppose, hypothetically, that if someone were to PM/email you through the forums that it would still be possible to conduct the sale.

Comment

See there are worse things than a trigger happy moderator. Sorry again for pulling this.

Comment

Originally posted by dnathrowaway View Post
                  wow so all i was trying to do was get rid of a few extra unused chips we have.

instead, life technologies decided to pick on the little guy and notified ebay that i was violating IP and decided to block my listing

way to go life tech! i hope you get some positive PR from this:

"You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

250989857671 - Ion Torrent 316 Sequencing Chip - 4 Pack - BRAND NEW UNOPENED

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Life Technologies Corporation, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Members are not allowed to use images or text from another member's listings without that member's permission. Doing so may violate copyright laws. Images used on another website may also be protected by copyright law. You should not copy and use images from another website without first getting permission to use that content. We encourage members to take and use their own photographs.

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.We encourage you to contact Life Technologies Corporation directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: [email protected]"
                  Maybe you can get KR to blog on this in Omics Omics.

Comment

thanks for the support guys! i would love for someone to blog about this.

i guess i'm not sure how it violates intellectual property by selling the chips, maybe it does prohibit reselling things in the terms and service agreement, but how is it violating IP?

anyway, i still have 4 boxes of brand new unopened 316 chips (4 chips per pack) and one opened box of 314 chips (7 new chips). if you are interested, pm me.

Comment

No returns?

You mean the company won't take them back? Even Walmart accepts returns. What's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by dnathrowaway View Post
                        thanks for the support guys! i would love for someone to blog about this.

i guess i'm not sure how it violates intellectual property by selling the chips, maybe it does prohibit reselling things in the terms and service agreement, but how is it violating IP?
                        Didn't you take the photos from the IT website?

Comment

this doesn't surprise me at all. I don't know why you all are surprised.

How many kit sub component resellers do you know of in the US? none. There are quite simple and clear legal reasons for this. You can find ways around this, but ebay is not one of them.
                          China on the other hand....you can buy kits, swap out components, and resell as your own kit. Quite a few groups do this with great success.

These chips seem to scream IP at me. I wouldn't feel safe even trying to resell them.
                          Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I am curious as to how this sale was originally supposed to work? Do institutions allow a purchase like this off ebay using official funds?

Would a local trade/barter deal with someone at your local institution not be much simpler?

Comment

Here's a solution, you need Life Tech to take those back ? Just talk to your sale's rep approx. 3 weeks before quarter end, just before another order you may put through... You will be amazed at the magic they can pull. I always buy my enzymes that way, it's christmas 4 times a year.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                              • seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                              0 responses