No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hg19/hg19 liftover

greetings all!

I am having some issues getting annotations for my sequences.
    As it stands I have 14 BACs and fosmids as .bam and they overlap on a limited stretch of 300kb around the gene we are interested in, they came pre-aligned to an arbitrarily named reference .fasta which is an extracted sequence of the hg19 (all this was outsourced and was delivered to us).
    What I want to do is to liftover all the data from these extracted ref sequences to the proper hg19 so that I can see annotations properly when viewing the data in IGV.
    How is the best way to implement this, since the header of all the bams is linked to the name of the extracted ref sequence, but i know the exact chromosomal location (start-end) of the extracted sequence. So can this be done in a simple way?

grateful for any answers, tips or hints
    best regards,
    //Oscar

If it's just 14 sequences, then you could do it by hand. Just use samtools to convert the bam to sam, then open it with a text editor. All you'd need to do is change the rname field to the name of the chromosome in the HG19 reference, and add an offset (the extracted sequence start) to the pos field. You would also need to replace the header with the header of an actual sam file generated from HG19.

Then convert back to bam with samtools.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses